Managing Director IPV
Salary CAD180,000 - CAD200,000 per year
Location Toronto, Ontario
Consultant Jon Mullin
Date posted June 26, 2018First Canadian Place - 100 King St W, Suite 5600 Toronto, Ontario M6J 2X4 Robert Walters Canada
I'm searching for a senior Banking professional with strong expertise in Independent Price Verification (IPV). This Managing Director role will lead a team and be responsible for leading the IPV agenda for the global markets of this international bank.
About The Role:
The incumbent would lead the Valuation Product Control group whose primary function is to ensure that valuations for trading and underwriting portfolios are accurate and where appropriate, that valuation adjustments and regulatory reserves are established. This would include instruments accounted on a fair value (through P&L and OCI) basis as well as other select instruments. The primary scope is Capital Markets but the mandate extends across the bank. The independent, accurate and timely assessment of portfolios is a core mandate in keeping with second line of defense mandate in the banks three lines of defense paradigm.
In meeting this objective the Managing Director will review, assess, and make recommendations with respect to the appropriate use of valuation models, identify official sources of market data used for valuation, and have overall responsibility for independent price verification. In addition, VPC is actively involved in resolving valuation discrepancies arising from collateral disputes and proactive reconciliation. In executing these activities the Managing Director will manage relationships across the organization including the lines of business, Model Risk and Vetting, Finance, Back Office, Collateral Management Group (CMG) and Accounting Policy.
- In depth knowledge financial instruments and associated valuation techniques with experience in independent valuation of trading and underwriting businesses;
- Strong understanding of mathematical finance / quantitative modelling associated with derivative valuation;
- Knowledge of financial accounting (IFRS and GAAP);
- Exceptional relationship building and negotiation skills;
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal;
- Strong leadership skills.
For further information, please contact Jon.Mullin@RobertWalters.com