VP Finance and Operations
Location Toronto, OntarioFULL_TIME
Consultant Jon Mullin
Date posted August 30, 2018 2018-08-302018-10-07 banking First Canadian Place - 100 King St W, Suite 5600 Toronto, Ontario M6J 2X4 Robert Walters Canada
An excellent opportunity has arisen to help launch and Alternative Lender here in Toronto. This role will see you taking on the job of VP Finance & Operations and helping to start, shape and develop the business.
The VP will be responsible for management and control of financial and cost accounting, internal and external reporting, financial analyses, and overall cash management. We require an experienced manager who is adept at operational and financial planning, implementing and managing financial controls and processes, and identifying and/or utilizing technology to increase financial efficiency and accuracy across the organization.
We are seeking a team player with a desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment and with strong interpersonal skills, a proven ability to multi-task, and the ability to work well under pressure. Experience with public company reporting requirements is a plus.
The candidate must have the ability to communicate effectively with management, clients, and shareholders, including the Board of Directors. In addition, the ideal candidate will be comfortable and familiar with operating in a leveraged environment and monitoring ongoing capital requirements and covenant compliance with lenders.
The VP position represents an excellent opportunity to lead the development and ongoing improvement of the financial understanding and visibility of the company’s operations by providing financial and accounting management oversight, preparing budgets and growth plans, managing profitability and directing designated staff.
- Manage all aspects of finance and accounting operations including, but not limited to, timely month-end and year-end closing processes, management of day-to-day general ledger operations, A/P, A/R, payroll and bank reporting requirements.
- Manage and prepare monthly and annual financial reporting packages, ensuring timely and accurate financial statements with insightful analyses and management commentary. Manage and control cash flow and financial reporting.
- Prepare quarterly Board of Directors presentation materials and lead financial discussions in Board meetings.
- Monitor daily and weekly liquidity through disciplined oversight and ongoing quarterly cash flow preparation.
- Management and ownership of the annual budget, accompanied by ongoing variance analyses and recommendations, as appropriate. Regular forecasts and business condition updates and other long-term financial insights for senior management and shareholders.
- Maintain and ensure all reporting is captured accurately and according to IFRS.
- Coordinate with senior management on regular working capital requirements, financial analyses and annual audits. Develop and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with cross-functional business leaders within the organization.
- Oversee the audit and compliance of the Company’s financial records and work effectively with outside auditors.
- Oversee implementation and maintenance of internal financial controls. Issue policies and procedures for important financial administrative processes.
- Lead the timely filing of all tax returns (federal, state, sales and use, etc.) and other ongoing financial reporting requirements. Collaborate with external tax accountants and auditors to ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local tax requirements.
- Assure the integrity of assets and general working capital accounts through established processes and procedures and improvements to the same.
- Lead the implementation and maintenance of general liability insurance and health benefit plans.
To learn more about this role and to apply please send your resume across to email@example.com