Senior Accountant, Corporate Reporting
Salary CAD80,000 - CAD85,000 per year
Location Toronto, OntarioFULL_TIME
Consultant Nicolette Witherspoon
Job Ref RPT3BT
Date posted October 18, 2022toronto accountancy-finance/corporate-finance 2022-10-18 2022-12-17 real-estate-and-property Toronto Ontario 145 King St W Toronto, ON CA CAD 80000 85000 85000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robert-walters.ca https://www.robert-walters.ca/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Our client is a rental housing company dedicated to providing an exceptional rental experience. They are seeking a Senior Accountant, Corporate Reporting, reporting to the Manager, Corporate Reporting. The successful candidate will be an important part of a growing team of accounting professionals, many of whom worked in the “Big 4” firms. This role requires a dynamic, energetic, and highly motivated individual who can join the team in a senior capacity with growth opportunities.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Perform month-end and quarter-end closing procedures, including consolidation and eliminations.
- Prepare and review account reconciliations and detailed variance analytics.
- Review and post journal entries such as eliminations, intercompany, etc.
- Assist in the design and preparation of the corporate financial statements, MD&A, and supplemental disclosures.
- Prepare and analyze financial statements and other financial reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Improve and document month-end procedures and workbooks to enhance the accuracy of financial reporting.
- Prepare accounting memos to determine appropriate accounting treatment under IFRS and other accounting standards, as necessary.
- Supervise and coach junior staff.
- Assist with special and ad hoc projects as necessary.
- Must be a CPA or on track to become a CPA.
- 3+ years of industry or firm experience (Big 4 preferred).
- Residential real estate experience preferred.
- Knowledge of IFRS accounting and financial reporting.
- SOX experience would be an asset
- Experience with consolidation and elimination entries preferred.
- A self-starter who is able to work independently in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail and adheres to high standards for work quality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated with a good work ethic and willingness to learn.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office products, especially Excel.
In accordance with Company policy, any successful candidate will be required to produce confirmation of vaccination against COVID-19.
Salary: CAD70,000 - CAD80,000 per yearLocation: Toronto, OntarioDate posted: November 30, 2022Our client, well-known asset management located in Downtown Toronto, is looking for a Senior Associate to join their fund accounting team. The Senior Associate will be supporting them for 12 months for a potential to go full-time. The Senior Associate will work close and will be reporting to the Manager.
Salary: CAD85,000 - CAD90,000 per yearLocation: Toronto, OntarioDate posted: November 28, 2022We have partnered with a fast-growing and hugely successful insurance broker here in Toronto. Currently, they are one of the 10 largest insurance brokers in the world, with ambitious plans to continue growing. Our client is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst who will be responsible for assisting with financial reporting, analysis, and management of the compensation cost base for all Legal entities.
Salary: CAD70,000 - CAD80,000 per yearLocation: Toronto, OntarioDate posted: November 15, 2022Our client, well-known asset management located in Downtown Toronto, is looking for a Senior Associate to join their fund accounting team. The Senior Associate will be supporting them for 12 months for a potential to go full-time. The Senior Associate will work close and will be reporting to the Manager.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: North York, OntarioDate posted: November 11, 2022Our clients services include business advisory, valuation, corporate finance, transaction services, corporate turnaround and insolvency, and estate and succession planning, supporting over 11,000+ clients through every step of the business life cycle. They are expanding their tax team and are looking to bring a Senior Tax Specialist on board. This role will encompass a wide range of duties, including tax, complex accounting, restructuring, acquisitions, IPOs and more.
Salary: CAD75,000 - CAD85,000 per yearLocation: Toronto, OntarioDate posted: October 27, 2022Our client, a leading asset management located in Downtown Toronto, is looking for a Senior Fund Accountant to join their growing team. The Senior Fund Accountant will report to the Manager, Fund Accounting and is expected to be detail-oriented, dynamic and motivated.