Director, Portfolio Valuations
Location Toronto, OntarioFULL_TIME
Consultant Feven Yeshanew
Date posted July 31, 20192019-08-07 2019-09-29 financial-services Toronto Ontario 61 Bay St, Toronto, ON CA M5J 2S1 CAD 175000 225000 225000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robert-walters.ca https://www.robert-walters.ca/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
We have been retained by a leading private equity business in downtown Toronto to help them find a Director, Portfolio Valuations to lead and build out their newly created function. The Director, Portfolio Valuations will lead the quarterly valuation process for the firm's private equity investments with a view to delivering clear and consistent reporting. The Director, Portfolio Valuations will also regularly interact with the investment teams and senior management at the portfolio companies and will lead discussions with Valuation Committee and external auditors.
- Lead and oversee the quarterly and annual valuation process for the portfolio companies, ensuring high-quality valuation models are developed in accordance with the firm's valuation policies.
- Maintain and update valuation policies to remain current with market developments.
- Monitor and analyze investment performance and business plans for a diverse set of portfolio companies broadly distributed across industries and geographies.
- Reporting and presenting analyses and conclusions, including written reports, to internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the quarterly reviews and year-end financial statement audit and address any additional follow-up questions / inquiries from internal or external auditors as they relate to portfolio valuations.
- Maintain strong relationships with portfolio company management, investment professionals and senior management.
- Support quarterly reporting to limited partners of the private equity funds.
- Attending relevant industry events to broaden your knowledge and remain current on industry trends and developments.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics or MBA
- CFA, CBV, CPA or other relevant designation
- 10+ years of hands-on experience constructing and reviewing valuation models and other financial models including: DCF, comparable company and option pricing models.
- Deep understanding of theoretical and applied finance including corresponding mathematical framework.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact confidently with portfolio company management, investment professionals, senior management, external auditors and limited partners.
- Strong report writing and oral communication skills with attention to detail.
If interested, please apply online or get in touch with Feven on email@example.com