Interim Director of Finance, Private Equity Funds
Location Toronto, OntarioTEMPORARY
Consultant Sindhu Suppiah
Date posted September 12, 20192019-09-16 2019-10-12 financial-services Toronto Ontario CA M5J 2S1 CAD 70 120 120 HOUR Robert Walters https://www.robert-walters.ca https://www.robert-walters.ca/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Our client is currently looking to add an immediate interim resource to a high performing team going through change. The Interim Director of Finance, Private Equity Funds will support the team around reporting, compliance and accounting needs for complex fund structures. The role is integral to the success of the team and will have ongoing & changing responsibilities to support various aspects of this team.
The Interim Director of Finance will lead the reporting, transaction and compliance activities for large complex funds located downtown Toronto.
- Immediate attention to Q3 reporting needs to ensure accounting & reporting mandates & deadlines are met.
- Review of financial statements, supporting documentation to ensure accounting policy is accurate
- Drafting appropriate fun financial statement note disclosure
- Support the investment teams with transactions involved funds
- Manage capital call and distribution processes
- Manage communication with multiple stakeholders & deal teams
- Ensure accuracy & compliance with reporting
- Oversee the work of a fund administrator
The ideal candidate will have:
- CPA, CA (preferred) or equivalent professional designation
- Strong technical accounting & financial reporting skills
- 4-6 years of experience within private equity, fund accounting or investment firms.
- Self-Starter, motivated & highly organized
- Ability to hit the ground running and grasp concepts quickly
- Ability to pivot easily and manage competing priorities
Please contact Sindhu Suppiah for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org