Director, Financial Reporting
Salary CAD120,000 - CAD150,000 per year
Consultant Eduardo Utiyama
Date posted November 5, 20192019-12-03 2020-01-04 it Toronto Ontario First Canadian Place, Exchange Tower, 130 King Street West, Suite 501 - Toronto CA M5X 1E4 CAD 120000 150000 150000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robert-walters.ca https://www.robert-walters.ca/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Reporting directly to the CFO, the Director of Financial Reporting will be responsible for all financial accounting and management accounting including consolidating the company´s financial results in accordance with IFRS, internal policies and external reporting requirements. The ideal candidate will be able to display strong leadership skills as the responsibilities of the role will include team management and mentoring. Special attention will be given to candidates who have demonstrated knowledge of ERP system implementation, post merger integration and accounting and those who have a technical background in IFRS.
• Build out the month-end close process, including establishing best practices and preparing/ reviewing account reconciliations to identify potential issues or risks and develop solutions;
• Manage the consolidation process for the quarterly reporting as well as budgets and forecasts;
• Establish strong working relationships with various business units;
• Liaise with the FP&A team for all budgeting, forecasting and planning requirements for the group;
• Support and assist with the review and implementation of internal controls and corporate policies and procedures;
• Assist with post acquisition integration, accounting and all related activities;
• Liaise with senior stakeholders to lead the continued growth of the company;
• Manage interim and annual audit engagements with the Big 4 firms; and
• Complete multiple projects including processes improvements as required.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
• CPA designated, CA preferred or international equivalent;
• Public accounting experience, with industry experience being a strong advantage;
• Excellent communication (English oral and written) and interpersonal skills;
• Knowledge of Canadian and British tax would be an asset;
• Experience leading a team;
• Strong critical thinking, self-motivated and proactive personality; and
• Hands on and ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
If interested in this Director of Financial Reporting position, please get in touch with Eduardo Utiyama on Eduardo.firstname.lastname@example.org