Director, Finance - Private Equity Funds
Location Toronto, OntarioFULL_TIME
Consultant Feven Yeshanew
Date posted November 12, 20192019-11-12 2020-01-11 financial-services Toronto Ontario CA M5J 2S1 CAD 150000 175000 175000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robert-walters.ca https://www.robert-walters.ca/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
We have been retained by a prominent private equity business to help them add Director, Finance - Private Equity Funds to their growing team. The Director, Finance - Private Equity Funds will be responsible for financial reporting, compliance deliverable and transaction execution related to the private funds and looking at revamping the existing team and processes. The Director, Finance - Private Equity Funds, will be interacting with various corporate groups, senior management of the Investment Teams and external stakeholders.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead and oversee the quarterly and annual financial reporting process for various Funds.
- Lead the analysis of complex transactions and technical accounting decisions impacting the Funds.
- Monitor, assess and implement new accounting pronouncements impacting the Funds under US GAAP, IFRS and Canadian GAAP.
- Lead and oversee all Finance aspects of investment transactions, including LPA compliance, reporting and performance calculations, foreign currency management, treasury and cash management, and investor communications.
- Proactively monitor and analyze various milestones and decisions that arise throughout the Funds life cycle, involving other corporate groups as appropriate.
- Support the public company quarterly reviews and year-end financial statement audit and address any additional follow-up questions / inquiries from internal or external auditors as they relate to the Funds.
- Maintain and update SOX control documentation related to Fund processes.
- Ad hoc projects.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Finance or Accounting with a CPA designation.
- Significant experience (at least 6-8 years) in the asset management industry, with a strong emphasis on private equity or other relevant alternative investment fund experience.
- Deep understanding of investment accounting standards under US GAAP and IFRS.
- Experience in the Investran investment accounting system an asset.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience managing multiple direct reports, including participation in the performance appraisal process.
- Ability to handle stress and short deadlines, work effectively and maintain a calm demeanor in a high pressure, fast-paced and ever-changing environment;
- Willingness to provide support outside of regular business hours.
If you are interested, please apply online or get in touch with Feven on firstname.lastname@example.org