Consultant Zahraa Mahomed
Job Ref VYMSFW
Date posted October 21, 2022other accountancy-finance/finance-director 2022-11-16 2022-12-20 accountancy Halifax Nova Scotia 84 Chain Lake Dr Suite 500, Halifax CA NS B3S 1A2 Robert Walters https://www.robert-walters.ca https://www.robert-walters.ca/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Our client a global leader in the technology field is looking for a VP Accountant to be based in Halifax and support their North America Team.
The VP, Accounting will work closely with the local operations as with a dotted line to the CFO of North America.
- 10 years’ + experience as a hands-on Accounting leader in project based or managed service type of industry which has recurring revenue
- Experience working within a complex technology industry environment is strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related major is required
- Either a CA, CMA, CIMA or CPA designation is required
- Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) are required.Proven analysis and problem-solving principles within a medium-to-large, multi-site organization.
- The ability to lead an accounting team to achieve departmental and business finance demands is fundamental
- Must be able to be on-site
- Managing revenue objectives and adhere to accounting and reporting policies
- Provide leadership, vision and direction within the accounting team
- Manage the delivery of high-quality financial support services
- Oversee the General Accounting and Financial Reporting functions including inter-company accounting, cash management/reconciliation, financial/compliance reporting, budget preparation, M&A, business integration, balance sheet management, A/R and A/P
- Maintain a system of internal controls to ensure that Company assets are safeguarded
- Advise the leadership team on all aspects of financial management.
- Plan, organize and coordinate the year-end close process with internal and external auditors
- Ensure successful completion of the company’s tax filings
- Prepare financial statements, including cash flow statements
- Oversee budgeting process and payroll
- Manage a small accounting team and is responsible for hiring, training, providing feedback and mentoring staff members
Should you meet the above requirements please apply!