Associate, Financial Reporting and Accounting Policy
Salary CAD90,000 - CAD110,000 per year
Consultant Jon Mullin
Date posted December 13, 2018 2018-12-13financial-services First Canadian Place - 100 King St W, Suite 5600 Toronto, Ontario M6J 2X4 Robert Walters
A global Financial Services organization is looking to add to it's internal Accounting Policy team with a manager level accounting professional. The role will be to act as an SME for accounting policy research and implementation as well as to act as a centralized knowledge base for technical accounting questions. This role would suit someone in an advisory or policy role within an accounting practice or in a policy role within another large financial services organization.
An opportunity has arisen for an accounting professional with an interest in technical accounting policy to join a well known, international financial services brand. This centralized accounting policy team is responsible for the research and implementation of the technical IFRS standards across the business, and also acts as a central knowledge repository for the greater finance and accounting function.
This Associate titled, manager level Policy role will see you working in the group accounting function and working on consolidated financial reporting as well as IFRS Policy work. You will be responsible for researching sections of the upcoming IFRS 17 requirements, as well as acting as a point of contact for the business for other IFRS (such as 9, 15 and 16) technical issues.
You will also work alongside other financial reporting and accounting policy professionals to ensure that the corporate consolidation and financial reporting is timely and accurate.
- CPA or international equivalent accounting qualification;
- Strong technical accounting experience including work with IFRS;
- Experience working on IFRS policy projects - research or implementation;
- A strong understanding of financial, corporate and regulatory filing requirements;
- Knowledge of financial services products and how they are accounted for would be preferable;
- Demonstrated ability to deliver in a high performing team and culture;
- Excellent time management, and ability to work on multiple projects with changeable priorities;
- Good Excel and MS Office applications.
For further information, please contact Jon.Mullin@RobertWalters.com