Manager, Financial Reporting
Salary CAD80,000 - CAD85,000 per year
Location Toronto, OntarioFULL_TIME
Consultant Jon Mullin
Date posted November 21, 20192019-11-21 2020-01-20 financial-services Toronto Ontario CA L3R 9R9 CAD 80000 85000 85000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robert-walters.ca https://www.robert-walters.ca/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A diversified Financial Services client based in Markham are looking to hire a Finance Manager to join their growing team. Reporting into the Controller, you will be responsible for the Financial Reporting, Tax (oversight), regulatory reporting, co-ordinating with the auditors and assisting on special projects (acquisitions, pricing analysis, systems, regulatory change) and the growth and development of a team of Financial Analysts.
An exciting opportunity has arisen with a diversified Financial Service business based in Markham. This Finance Manager role will see you oversee a team of Financial Analysts whilst also taking the lead on the company's financial reporting, regulatory reporting and audit coordination.
- Prepare external financial statements in accordance with IFRS for the various entities ;
- Review and analyze financial statements and activities;
- Ensure quality control and compliance over financial transactions and reporting;
- Manage and comply with provincial and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings;
- Lead the month-end reporting process including financial reporting, KPI analysis and forecasting;
- Lead the annual audit engagements both corporate and regulatory;
- Provide leadership, coaching and day-to-day direction to an accounting team (5 staff);
- Review and analyze financial statements and activities; and
- Perform ad-hoc analysis, special reports, and projects as required.
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
- 3 or more years of accounting experience, that includes managing or supervising a team;
- A recognized professional accounting designation;
- Experience in a Big 4 public accounting firm considered a very strong asset;
- Possess exceptional organizational skills and is an effective time manager and multi-tasker;
- Strong ability to build relationships and work in a team-based environment;
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written; and
- Experience in establishing and/ or enhancing financial processes.
For more information or to apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org