Corporate Accountant – Private Equity
Salary CAD70,000 - CAD75,000 per year
Location Toronto, Ontario
Consultant Feven Yeshanew
Date posted April 25, 2018First Canadian Place - 100 King St W, Suite 5600 Toronto, Ontario M6J 2X4 Robert Walters Canada
We have partnered with a leading infrastructure and private equity solutions provider looking to hire a Corporate Accountant – Private Equity. The firm creates long‐term value for clients by accessing and managing high quality investment opportunities and building comprehensive infrastructure and private equity portfolios.
This Corporate Accountant – Private Equity position will be a key member of the group responsible for corporate reporting as well as investment reporting for clients including specific investment vehicles.
You will work closely with senior level accounting professionals and report to the Manager, Corporate Accounting.
- The Corporate Accountant – Private Equity candidate will prepare annual financial statements and notes in accordance with US GAAP and IFRS
- Prepare and analyze quarterly management report and board of directors’ report
- Maintain QuickBooks accounting ledgers and reporting for multiple entities
- Prepare month‐end journal entries, including investments, related party transactions and consolidation, as well as, reconciliations to ensure accurate and timely reporting of financial results
- Prepare timely and accurate management and financial reporting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Prepare monthly submissions and detailed analysis and reconciliations for several entities
- Maintain monthly calculations to ensure the Company remains compliant with Regulatory and Banking covenants
- Prepare tax working papers for annual tax returns for several
- Prepare and assist with the annual budget preparation and on‐going monitoring of company results including the budget to actual variance analysis on monthly and quarterly basis
- Prepare detailed supporting schedules and documentation for auditors for the year‐end audit
- Identify and implement process improvements and automation to reduce time for accounting closeouts and reporting
- Prepare periodic and ad hoc reports as needed; special projects as required
- University degree in either Business Administration or Accounting
- Achievement of an accounting designation (i.e. CPA) or enrolled in accounting program
- 3 to 5 years of relevant professional accounting experience; experience in the asset management industry preferred; solid knowledge of accounting principles, financial accounting, reporting and analytical techniques and financial accounting systems
- Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications with an advanced knowledge of Excel; experience with QuickBooks an asset
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy; ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; proven ability to interact with all levels of an organization
For further information, please submit your resume and contact feven.yeshanew@RobertWalters.com or phone on +1 416-644-8720.