Corporate Accounting Analyst
Salary CAD70,000 - CAD80,000 per year
Location Toronto, Ontario
Consultant Feven Yeshanew
Date posted May 14, 2018First Canadian Place - 100 King St W, Suite 5600 Toronto, Ontario M6J 2X4 Robert Walters Canada
We have an exciting opportunity for an a recently designated/aspiring CPA (or international equivalent) to come in as an Corporate Accounting Analyst in a growing and TSX listed real estate investment trust (REIT) business to deliver on various financial analysis and reporting requirements, both internally and externally for their funds based in Europe. The Corporate Accounting Analyst will report directly to the Manager of Financial Reporting and work closely with the property accountants and corporate accountants located in Europe.
- The Corporate Accounting Analyst will review property level financial statements and monthly reporting.
- Monthly accounting tasks include the preparation of journal entries, bank reconciliations, and AR and AP aging analysis, monthly preparation of sales tax reporting package
- Assist with the preparation of various financial reporting characteristics and analysis
- Manage the treasury and cash reporting processes; manage the capital tracker process
- Liaise with property accountants regarding property operations and tenant activity to ensure the accuracy of the monthly statements through variance analysis.
- Ownership over various financial reporting processes for quarterly reporting. Assist with the preparation of the board reports and supporting schedules
- Assist and co-ordinate the year-end audits and working papers for various legal entities assigned
- Undertakes ad hoc projects and other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in a financial accounting role
- Completed or in final stage of CPA, CMA, CGA, CA
- Real estate accounting experience
- Worked with YARDI reporting system and Wdesk
- Experience with preparation and review of financial statements
- German language
- High performer with an entrepreneurial mind-set
- Highly analytical, focused on process improvement and detail oriented
For further information, please submit your resume and contact Feven Yeshanew at email@example.com or 416 644 8720