Corporate Reporting Manager
Salary CAD100,000 - CAD120,000 per year
Consultant Muna Ismail
Date posted October 15, 2018First Canadian Place - 100 King St W, Suite 5600 Toronto, Ontario M6J 2X4 Robert Walters Canada
We have a great opportunity working for a global pharmaceutical business as a Corporate Reporting Manager. The successful Manager will oversee the technical accounting and reporting process in adherence to US GAAP principles and SEC regulations. You will have ownership for managing all external statement preparation and SEC filings.
- Manage and draft the full external reporting process, including the annual and quarterly financial statements and footnotes reported to the SEC (Form 10-Q, 10-K)
- Prepare supporting documents for all SEC filings and ensure all approvals are obtained.
- Lead research activities as it relates to external financial reporting. Anticipate, research and document the impact of amended or new accounting, reporting and disclosure rules. Ensure all rules are implemented and adhered to and memorandums are prepared as appropriate
- Ensure proactive interpretation and application of US GAAP ensuring compliance with all reporting and disclosure requirements
- Testing the effectiveness of internal controls related to the financial reporting process and ensure compliance with SOX controls
- Lead the earnings release procedure, including critical review of executive notes and investor information
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly consolidated balance sheet and income statements
- Advanced US GAAP and technical reporting skill-set along with strong understanding of FASB and SEC accounting and disclosure requirements is highly desirable
- Minimum 4 to 6 years of industry or public accounting experience
- The Corporate Reporting Manager will be CPA designated (or international equivalent)
- Strategic, forward thinking approach, with an innate consideration of the “bigger picture”. Strong ability to grasp business drivers and understand the company’s motivations. Ability to facilitate and implement the strategic direction of senior management