Senior Financial Analyst
Salary CAD80,000 - CAD85,000 per year
Location Toronto, OntarioFULL_TIME
Consultant Akshika Dave
Date posted October 9, 20192019-10-18 2019-12-08 financial-services Toronto Ontario CA M5H 1J8 CAD 80000 85000 85000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robert-walters.ca https://www.robert-walters.ca/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
We have an exciting opportunity for a newly designated CPA (international equivalent) to join a leading Global Asset Management firm Downtown Toronto. The Senior Financial Analyst will play an integral role within the company’s corporate finance team and will be responsible for various initiatives including: external financial reporting; investor reporting; management reporting; budgeting and forecasting; technical accounting; and special projects.
The Senior Financial Analyst will report to the SVP of Finance and work closely with other members of the corporate finance team in addition to other finance professionals across the organization. This Senior Financial Analyst role is an introductory role to a large and global asset management firm with future opportunities to rotate throughout the organization. The company has a track record of promoting from within and internal transfers and opportunities are common.
- Prepare consolidated financial forecasts, track operating results of subsidiaries spanning multiple segments and five continents and articulate findings to key stakeholders;
- Support Brookfield’s annual valuation process including in-depth review of models/long-term assumptions and the preparation of consolidated management presentations;
- Assist in the analysis and preparation of quarterly and annual public reporting including:
- Monitoring and reporting of treasury, derivatives, risk, liquidity and capital management;
- Manage fund operations, including compliance, controls and investor requests;
- Assist in preparation of various analyses and reports for senior management to support their business decision making, and for the board of directors;
- Prepare analyses as part of fundraising process for new private funds;
- Involvement with preparation of forecasting and business planning process;
- Preparation of accounting analysis for complex matters;
- Assist in financial planning and analysis, including forecasts and budgets;
- Assist in the management of the audit of the firm and related entities as required;
- Ad-hoc analysis and presentations on financial and operational results;
Qualifications and Skill requirements:
- CPA designation with a minimum of 3 years of progressive experience with a public accounting firm, investment management firm or other finance related position;
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and its practical application;
- Demonstrated leadership ability and initiative;
- Superior communication (English oral and written) and interpersonal skills;
- Understanding and interest in financial markets;
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment;
- Excellent analytically, and problem-solving ability;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines;
- Self-motivated and proactive, with respect to both managing workload and professional development.
If interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or apply.