Salary CAD95,000 - CAD110,000 per year
Location Toronto, OntarioFULL_TIME
Consultant Feven Yeshanew
Date posted November 19, 20192019-11-19 2020-01-18 financial-services Toronto Ontario CA M5X 1C8 CAD 95000 110000 110000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robert-walters.ca https://www.robert-walters.ca/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
We have partnered with a leading asset manager who is looking to add an Assistant Controller to their real estate platform in their downtown Toronto office. The Assistant Controller is responsible for financial reporting, tax compliance and management reporting for their growing portfolio of real estate investments. The Assistant Controller should be ready to roll up your sleeves to bring each new investment onto the books and to ensure that on-going reporting is timely and accurate.
- Managing all aspects of accounting and reporting relating to an open-ended investment fund and various other real estate investments
- Assisting with the review, calculation, and reporting of net asset valuations (NAV) for an investment fund,
- Reviewing, and in some cases preparing, monthly and quarterly financial statements prepared in accordance with either ASPE, IFRS or specified basis of accounting
- Acting as a liaison between the asset management team and the accounting team for newly acquired investments and address ad hoc queries related to the investments
- Coordinating with external auditors on the preparation of the annual financial statements
- Managing all debt and lender reporting compliance through review of covenant calculations
- Continuously reviewing existing processes, procedures and reporting systems to improve the quality and/or effectiveness of the accounting environment
- Coaching direct reports to further improve performance and additional confidence in their abilities
- Reviewing and approving HST returns and remittances
- Minimum 3-5 years of accounting experience in financial management, preferably in the real estate industry and/or fund management, that includes some supervision of more junior employees
- Professional Accounting Designation (CPA-CA, CGA, CMA), preferably earned at a public accounting firm
- Solid understanding of accounting principles including ASPE, IFRS, and fair value accounting
- Superior analytical skills - the ability to solve problems, to extract and organize essential information from a variety of sources and present findings in a logical and easy to follow format.
- Very strong Excel skills, familiarity with Yardi real estate accounting/reporting software is definitely an asset
If interested, please apply online or get in touch with Feven on firstname.lastname@example.org.