Accountant, Real Estate
Salary CAD70,000 - CAD80,000 per year
Location Toronto, OntarioFULL_TIME
Consultant Nicolette Witherspoon
Job Ref PI630N
Date posted August 3, 2022toronto accountancy-finance/financial-accountant 2022-08-08 2022-10-02 accountancy Toronto Ontario 145 King St W Toronto, ON M5H 3X7 CA M5H3X7 CAD 70000 80000 80000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robert-walters.ca https://www.robert-walters.ca/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A well-established real estate investment firm, is seeking an Accountant, Real Estate, to join their growing team. The successful candidate will be a part of a high-performing team supported by the CFO, Real Estate and Assistant Controller, Real Estate. The Accountant, Real Estate is responsible for interacting with the company's third-party property managers and overseeing the day-to-day accounting functions they perform for the diversified and growing portfolio of properties.
What You Will Do
- Liaise with third-party property managers and accountants to ensure the integrity, accuracy and completeness of monthly accounting information and property management reports (e.g., financial statements, amortization schedules, tenant recovery schedules, security deposits, accounts payable & receivable, etc.)
- Prepare month end bank reconciliations, journal entries, and support working papers and quarterly financial statements for presentation to external investors
- Assist with the preparation and review of client and portfolio reporting and schedules, including cash flow projections, monthly variance analysis reports, and annual budgets
- Prepare accounting entries for acquisitions and dispositions of investment properties
- Review management fees, leasing fees, chargeback invoices to tenants, HST reconciliations, annual CAM (Common Area Maintenance), and tax final billing adjustments
- Assist the preparation of sales tax filings and annual income tax returns and filings
- Assist the calculation and reporting of net asset valuations (NAV) for an investment fund, including multiple series, on a monthly basis or at interim dates as required
- Support implementation of accounting changes and other process improvements
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and notes in accordance with ASPE, IFRS or a disclosed basis of accounting
- Assist the annual audit process
- Special projects and other duties, as assigned
What You Bring
- Minimum 3-5 years of accounting experience in financial management, preferably in the real estate industry and/or fund management
- Undergraduate degree preferably in accounting or finance
- Professional Accounting Designation (CPA-CA, CGA, CMA) or actively enrolled in the CPA program (midway through or nearing completion) is an asset
- Excellent financial and analytical skills
- Strong Excel skills; familiarity with Yardi real estate accounting/reporting software is an asset
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proven ability to think logically and effectively problem solve
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently under pressure; dealing with changes and interruptions while maintaining strict deadlines
- Proven self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Salary: CAD80,000 - CAD86,000 per yearLocation: Toronto, OntarioDate posted: August 12, 2022The Senior Accountant, Fund Accounting will be responsible for the day-to-day accounting and financial reporting for the company's single-family rental joint ventures and for-sale housing commingled funds, including investor reporting and management analysis.
Salary: CAD82,000 - CAD90,000 per yearLocation: Toronto, OntarioDate posted: July 28, 2022Our client a leading residential real estate firm is seeking a Senior Accountant, Corporate Reporting. Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Reporting, the Senior Accountant will be an important part of a growing team of accounting professionals. This role requires a dynamic, energetic, and highly motivated individual who can join the team in a senior capacity with growth opportunities.
Salary: CAD85,000 - CAD95,000 per yearLocation: Toronto, OntarioDate posted: August 8, 2022Reporting directly to the Controller, the Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for managing the monthly and quarterly financial close and supporting the reporting process. They will be work closely with various business groups in a dynamic, growing company. Flexible work arrangements - a hybrid work environment, competitive benefits, and a generous compensation package which includes base salary, a performance bonus element as well as stock options.
Salary: CAD65,000 - CAD70,000 per yearLocation: Toronto, OntarioDate posted: July 28, 2022Our client, an exceptional investment manager, is looking for a Financial Analyst to join their growing team. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Finance, the Financial Analyst will support the financial reporting, daily accounting activities, workflow and day-to-day issues within the Finance department.
Salary: CAD85,000 - CAD95,000 per yearLocation: TorontoDate posted: June 24, 2022Reporting directly to the Controller, the Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for managing the monthly and quarterly financial close and supporting the reporting process. They will be work closely with various business groups in a dynamic, growing company. Flexible work arrangements - a hybrid work environment, competitive benefits, and a generous compensation package which includes base salary, a performance bonus element as well as stock options.