Senior Financial Accountant
Consultant Ellen Quinn
Job Ref 88AS7T
Date posted September 1, 2022toronto accountancy-finance/financial-accountant 2022-09-01 2022-10-31 manufacturing-and-production Toronto Ontario 45 Gordon Mackay Road Toronto, Ontario M9N 3X3 CA M9N 3X3 Robert Walters https://www.robert-walters.ca https://www.robert-walters.ca/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Our client is a leading Canadian furniture retail company. Our client first opened their stores in 1909, and now it's shares are publicly traded on the TSX with stores across all provinces of Canada. They are expanding their team due to growth in their Finance division and are looking to bring a Senior Financial Accountant on board to join their finance function. This role would encompass core financial support for the business, with an emphasis on financial reporting.
- Assist with the month end close processes (preparation of journal entries, elimination entries, recurring entries and accruals)
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Performing monthly and quarterly variance analyses
- Preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements
- Assist with the interim and year-end audit
- Identify financial process improvement opportunities
- Participate in special projects as required
- Liaise with operational and other corporate departments
- Maintain respect, effective communication and relationships with management and staff of all levels
Required Knowledge & Skills
- 3-5 years accounting and reporting experience
- Recently designated accountant (CPA,CA preferred)
- Public accounting firm experience is an asset
- Knowledge of external reporting processes and deliverables
- Strong knowledge of IFRS/US GAAP including technical accounting and reporting requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively with various levels of management within the organization
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Process improvement driven
- Innovative thinker
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Must be able to work closely in a team environment as well as individually
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Oracle (Fusion) experience is an asset
Should you meet the above requirements please apply directly or email a copy of your Resume to email@example.com
Salary: CAD80,000 - CAD95,000 per yearLocation: Toronto, OntarioDate posted: August 16, 2022A Senior Associate, Fund Accounting position has become available with a market-leading private equity firm in Toronto. Reporting to the VP, Finance, this role will offer autonomy, challenge, and growth.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Toronto, OntarioDate posted: September 20, 2022Our client, a well-established financial services firm, is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst looking to join their organization. The SFA is responsible for financial & investor reporting and special projects. The Senior Financial Analyst will work closely with the Director & SVP of Finance.
Salary: CAD65,000 - CAD85,000 per yearLocation: Toronto, OntarioDate posted: September 17, 2022Our client manages unique alternative investment solutions that offer investors the benefits of better diversification. They are seeking a Financial Accountant in their corporate finance department. Duties entail Financial Reporting, Management Reporting, Treasury Management, Regulatory reporting as well as completing certain ad-hoc requests from senior executives.
Salary: CAD80,000 - CAD86,000 per yearLocation: Toronto, OntarioDate posted: August 12, 2022The Senior Accountant, Fund Accounting will be responsible for the day-to-day accounting and financial reporting for the company's single-family rental joint ventures and for-sale housing commingled funds, including investor reporting and management analysis.