Senior Financial Accountant
Salary CAD65,000 - CAD85,000 per year
Location Toronto, OntarioFULL_TIME
Consultant Nicolette Witherspoon
Job Ref AIROJJ
Date posted September 17, 2022toronto accountancy-finance/financial-accountant 2022-09-17 2022-11-16 financial-services Toronto Ontario 145 King St W Toronto, ON M5H 3X7 CA M5H3X7 CAD 65000 85000 85000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robert-walters.ca https://www.robert-walters.ca/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Our client manages unique alternative investment solutions that offer investors the benefits of better diversification. They are seeking a Financial Accountant in their corporate finance department. Duties entail Financial Reporting, Management Reporting, Treasury Management, Regulatory reporting as well as completing certain ad-hoc requests from senior executives.
- Prepare and update quarterly Profit and Loss Statement, Revenue Analysis and AUA file for Institutional Sales Division
- Prepare and gather necessary documents required for the annual renewal of various insurance policies for the firm
- Update attribution reports on a quarterly basis to determine contribution margin of different funds and strategies
- Calculate quarterly commissions by Wholesaler & Territory based on Sales Compensation Plan
- Analyze results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements
- Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts
- Prepare spend analysis by department
- Prepare Journal entries including Accruals analysis and reconciliations
- Prepare Bank Reconciliations for all corporate and holding company accounts
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis and financial statement snapshots / drill downs for specific purposes and accounts
- Fixed Assets sub-ledger maintenance, recording, reporting and reconciliation
- Update, reconcile and prepare accounting entries and schedules related to Intangibles and other Assets / Liabilities
- Reconciliation and Review of intercompany accounts and eliminations
- Update monthly / quarterly balance sheet schedules and perform detailed analysis
- Process and reconciliation of vendor payments, employee expense claims, and other expenses
- Process Accounts Payables – input invoices and process vendor payments
- Assist the team with the annual audit and queries/requests from Auditors
- This position requires a minimum of a University degree in Accounting or Finance
- Completion of or working towards obtaining a professional accounting designation (CPA – CA, CMA, CGA) is an asset
- Proficient in Excel (e.g. Macros, VLOOKUP’s, pivot tables etc.)
- Experience with General Ledger Accounting Software such as Oracle, Peoplesoft, Cognos BI, Essbase, Hyperion is an asset, or the incumbent is able to learn new software and technologies fairly quickly with minimal training
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and senior management
- The ability to work in a team environment as well as individually with minimal supervision
- Excellent time management and organization skills with the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple / conflicting deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail
Salary: CAD80,000 - CAD95,000 per yearLocation: Toronto, OntarioDate posted: August 16, 2022A Senior Associate, Fund Accounting position has become available with a market-leading private equity firm in Toronto. Reporting to the VP, Finance, this role will offer autonomy, challenge, and growth.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Toronto, OntarioDate posted: September 20, 2022Our client, a well-established financial services firm, is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst looking to join their organization. The SFA is responsible for financial & investor reporting and special projects. The Senior Financial Analyst will work closely with the Director & SVP of Finance.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: TorontoDate posted: September 1, 2022Our client is a leading Canadian furniture retail company. Our client first opened their stores in 1909, and now it's shares are publicly traded on the TSX with stores across all provinces of Canada. They are expanding their team due to growth in their Finance division and are looking to bring a Senior Financial Accountant on board to join their finance function. This role would encompass core financial support for the business, with an emphasis on financial reporting.
Salary: CAD80,000 - CAD86,000 per yearLocation: Toronto, OntarioDate posted: August 12, 2022The Senior Accountant, Fund Accounting will be responsible for the day-to-day accounting and financial reporting for the company's single-family rental joint ventures and for-sale housing commingled funds, including investor reporting and management analysis.