Trade Support Analyst
Salary CAD60,000 - CAD70,000 per year
Location Toronto, OntarioFULL_TIME
Consultant Feven Yeshanew
Date posted November 6, 2018 2018-11-062018-12-30 financial-services First Canadian Place - 100 King St W, Suite 5600 Toronto, Ontario M6J 2X4 Robert Walters Canada
We have partnered with a global institutional trading network that provides access to unique trading opportunities in various areas around the world. They are looking to hire a Trade Support Analyst as they grow their operations/trade support team based downtown Toronto. The Trade Support Analyst will be performing various post-execution tasks relating to equities and fixed income trade activities. The Trade Support Analyst will operate independently, acting as a liaison between their members, trade services team, and our sales department.
- Manage the full trade lifecycle from just after execution through to allocations, booking, matching and settlement processes.
- Handle the timely set up of new accounts and maintaining accurate static data.
- Research and resolve position and trade breaks.
- Ensure that block and allocation level exceptions are repaired within tight deadlines such that risks are mitigated and clients receive the highest level of service.
- Visit clients to review performance and service.
- Continually assess process improvements; documenting all new processes and procedures.
- Performing system testing and validation of business scenarios.
- Partner with our global operations teams and related functions, and support ad-hoc queries from the sales and trading desk globally.
- Contribute to projects related to change activities and new business, effectively working with our system support and development teams.
- 3-7 years of related experience.
- Strong understanding of Fixed Income and Equity products and trade lifecycle.
- Must possess Canadian, US and International market knowledge and an awareness of market exceptions and buy-in procedures.
- Experience supporting Institutional clients trading Fixed Income and Equities.
- Full understanding of the Fixed income and Equity trade life-cycle.
- In-depth knowledge of global settlement processes and buy-in rules.
- Experience with and understanding on industry applications and processes (e.g SS&C, DTCC, Oasys, CTM, and Alert).
- Experience with resolving trade exceptions and managing risk.
- SQL Database experience and the ability to write bespoke queries within proprietary database.
- Client relationship management experience and skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (specifically MS Excel and PowerPoint).