Fixed Income Derivatives Analyst, Middle Office
Location Toronto, OntarioFULL_TIME
Consultant Feven Yeshanew
Date posted December 14, 2018 2018-12-14financial-services First Canadian Place - 100 King St W, Suite 5600 Toronto, Ontario M6J 2X4 Robert Walters
Are you a Fixed Income Derivatives product specialist making to make the move onto the buy side, joining a dynamic and driven team? We have recently partnered with a fast growing asset management firm Mid-Town Toronto, who are looking to bring on a Fixed Income Derivatives Analyst, Middle Office to assist with the derivative trade operations and collateral management activities. The ideal candidate would have an indepth understanding of fixed income products (CDS, OIS, IRS, Futures).
Responsibilities: Fixed Income Derivatives Analyst, Middle Office
- Primarily responsible for supporting the derivative and collateral management operations.
- Managing and supporting the existing and new relationships for ISDA counterparties, futures clearing merchants, swap execution facilities, and other derivative related service providers.
- Perform a variety of middle and back office duties and coordinate with front office traders to ensure completeness and accuracy of derivative systems.
- Collaborating with portfolio management, operations, risk, credit, and compliance departments.
- Developing the infrastructure for central clearing.
- Keeping abreast of and coordinating the implementation of regulatory requirements related to collateral management and derivative operations.
- Assisting with general operational support related to derivative trading.
- Identifying and implementing process improvement for operations.
- Conducting daily derivative reconciliations, issuing margin calls, affirming OTC derivative transactions (Market Wire, ICELINK), and preparing transaction blotters.
- Managing daily derivative settlement activity, and monitoring open trades with assigned counterparties.
- Analyzing MTM discrepancies, while highlighting material spread variances to portfolio management team.
Requirements: Fixed Income Derivatives Analyst, Middle Office
- Bachelor’s degree in finance is required.
- 3-5 years of operations experience in fixed income industry with minimum 1 year experience in Derivative Operations.
- Candidate must be analytical, detail-oriented and precise with numbers, with a solid understanding
- of fixed income securities and derivatives (CDS, OIS, IRS, Futures) as well as investment concepts and strategies.
- Strong individual contributor and team player in a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize and complete multiple assignments under short deadlines.
- Calypso experience is an asset.
If interested, please apply online or get in touch with Feven at firstname.lastname@example.org.