Manager, Investor Reporting
Salary CAD90,000 - CAD100,000 per year
Location Toronto, OntarioFULL_TIME
Consultant Feven Yeshanew
Date posted February 12, 2019 2019-02-122019-04-09 accountancy Toronto Ontario 7 St Thomas St CA M5S 2B7 CAD 90000 100000 100000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robert-walters.ca
Are you a CPA designated candidate who is looking for a non-traditional accounting opportunity? We have partnered with a leading private equity firm who are looking to hire a Manager, Investor Reporting for this newly created function. The Manager, Investor Reporting will act as the interface between the firms investment, investor relations, accounting, legal and compliance teams. The Manager, Investor Reporting will be a finance or accounting professional with over 3 years expeirence working in private equity, real estate fund or REIT.
What you will do:
- Obtain, process, incorporate new content and comments in quarterly asset management and financial reports for a series of funds.
- Work collaboratively with cross-departmental teams and prepare quarterly reporting for all private third-party investment vehicles managed.
- Standardize reporting and ensure consistency of information across all business verticals.
- Work closely with the broader public and private investor relations teams and assist in preparation of investor relations materials including presentations and due diligence questionnaires.
- Help with creation of fund-raising presentations and investors due diligence questionnaires (need to be proficient in PowerPoint)
- Update each quarter and highlight quarter on quarter changes;explain and summarize each quarter with the rationale behind the variations in a simple document
What you will gain:
- Exposure to private equity real estate fund-raising process
- Understand the private institutional investment world: who they are and how they make investment decisions
- Exposure to private equity real estate investment decision making and asset management
- Understand how investment decisions and market changes can impact future returns
- Interact with senior members of various teams: Investment, Private Funds, Investor Relations, Accounting team, Legal.
The skills you have:
- Strong understanding of institutional investment marketplace and interest in financial markets, asset management and residential real estate
- Private equity, real estate fund, or REIT experience is required
- CPA designation required
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy, and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Powerpoint
- Strong time management skills, including ability to set priorities and work to tight deadlines
- Strong investment and financial acumen with keen understanding of the impact that business decisions will have on the profitability, risk, and return for a given investment
- Ability to produce analysis with appropriate style and language to support conclusions
If interested in learning more, please appply online or get in touch with Feven on firstname.lastname@example.org