Trading Assistant, Fixed Income
Salary CAD60,000 - CAD65,000 per year
Location Toronto, OntarioFULL_TIME
Consultant Feven Yeshanew
Date posted May 31, 20192019-06-12 2019-07-30 financial-services Toronto Ontario 39 Hazelton Avenue CA M5R 2E3 CAD 60000 65000 65000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robert-walters.ca https://www.robert-walters.ca/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Are you a Fixed Income Operations specialist looking to make the move onto the buy side, joining a dynamic and driven team? We have recently partnered with a fast-growing asset management firm in Toronto, who are looking to bring a Trading Assistant, Fixed Income to assist with the derivative trade capture and settlement activities. The Trading Assistant, Fixed Income candidate would have an in-depth understanding of OTC bond products (CDS, OIS, IRS, Futures).
- The Trading Assistant, Fixed Income will liaise daily with portfolio managers, counterparties, prime brokers, custodian banks, operations and administrator in resolving trade capture and settlement issues.
- Assist with daily risk and end of day reporting; including some performance measurement and attribution
- Proactively manage existing financial control procedures and identify opportunities for improvement or enhancement to the existing processes and controls
- Protect investors by acting as an independent check and challenging deviations from established procedures and policies in an informed and professional manner
- Perform daily position and cash reconciliations
- Monitor fail reports / aged settlements and correct any discrepancies in an accurate and timely manner.
- Complete general trading desk support activities and ad hoc tasks and analyses as required
- 2-5 years’ experience in the financial sector, preferably in capital markets
- University degree in Business Mathematics, Commerce or Economics program or related discipline
- Previous experience with investment systems such as Bloomberg, Calypso, Markit, and lcelink an asset
- Technical proficiency with VBA/programming an asset
- Someone with exceptional attention to detail, accuracy, and completeness
- A focused and efficient multi-tasker who is able to calmly manage their time and possible conflicting priorities
- Someone who thrives in a demanding, fast-paced environment that requires adaptability and accountability
If interested, please apply online with your resume.