Salary CAD90,000 - CAD110,000 per year
Consultant Jon Mullin
Date posted January 30, 2018First Canadian Place - 100 King St W, Suite 5600 Toronto, Ontario M6J 2X4 Robert Walters Canada
This is an excellent Accounting Manager opportunity for a hands on finance professional to take on and run the corporate accounting function of a Toronto based Wealth Manager. This role will see you take on the full day to day accounting, the financial and management reporting as well and ad hoc and strategic projects such as a new fund launch or a CRM change.
This is a hands-on Accounting Manager role and the successful candidate will be responsible for ownership and oversight of all the firm’s financial and accounting functions. Reporting to the firm`s COO, the incumbent will form an integral part of a growing team in a fast paced, professional environment.
Financial Planning & Reporting:
- Maintain and review all financial contracts, financing agreements and insurance policies with outside vendors.
- Responsible for providing accurate and comprehensive financial information to executive management for long-term financial strategizing.
- Provide crucial financial data and work with executive management to coordinate all financial planning functions with business operations.
- Prepare financial statements, balance sheets, cash flow reports, budgets, budget-to-actuals and financial projections.
- Provide on-time reporting to regulatory bodies including the CRA and OSC as required
- Provide financial analysis and financial perspective and opinion on key business decisions.
- Assist the firm’s COO to assess financial risk, analyze efficiency and inform policy decisions made by executive management.
- Keep up to date with federal, provincial, and local legal accounting requirements
- Continuous improvement – continually look for ways to automate processes and make accounting operations more efficient and controlled.
- With the firm’s COO, responsible for establishing and executing internal controls over the company’s accounting and financial procedures.
- Review and manage approval process for all invoices to be paid, as well as review accounts receivable aging reports.
- Manage company collections on invoices with internal staff.
- Coordinate with external tax accountants for income tax preparation and auditors who prepare internal audits of the company. This includes keeping company records organized and readily available for examination.
Accounting & bookkeeping:
- Responsible for ensuring that all accounting and bookkeeping allocations are appropriately made and documented in the firm’s accounting system.
- Responsible for overseeing cash management and the firm’s banking relationship
- Perform accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash disbursements, payroll and bank reconciliation functions.
- Prepare and file the firm’s HST and tax returns
- 5 to 7 years of experience in a financial services environment, preferably a smaller firm (i.e. Hedge Fund) where you gained a wide exposure to the accounting & finance environment.
- Completion of CA, CPA or CGA
- Accounting systems experience (Sage etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with fluency in English
- Strong Microsoft Office technical knowledge, particularly Excel
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Able to work well within a team environment and in a collaborative manner
- Able to work independently and proactively with minimum management supervision
- Willingness to go above-and-beyond continuously to provide an exceptional client experience
For further information and to apply, please send your CV across to Jon.Mullin@RobertWalters.com or call on 416 644 8491