Salary CAD120,000 - CAD145,000 per year
Location Toronto, OntarioFULL_TIME
Consultant Eduardo Utiyama
Job Ref IR4SJC
Date posted June 8, 2022toronto accountancy-finance/financial-controller 2022-06-20 2022-08-07 financial-services Toronto Ontario CA M5R 3K5 CAD 120000 145000 145000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robert-walters.ca https://www.robert-walters.ca/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Reporting to the CFO, the controller will play a key role in providing support around accounting & reporting, both internally and externally. Based in Toronto, our client is looking for some with strong leadership and communication skills. IIROC experience is nice to have.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills with ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects to a high degree of accuracy
- A minimum of five years of combined accounting and finance experience
- Capable of critical thinking in addition to day-to-day accounting tasks
- Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures, including those related to limited partnerships
- Ability to work with multiple legal entities
- Financial services industry experience, in all accounting operations including G/L, A/P, A/R, month end and year end close, preparing division reports and financial statements
- Savvy skills with accounting software applications and other applicable software applications
- The ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects
- Strong communication abilities
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements as required
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting for assigned entities
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transaction and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, provincial and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Liaise with suppliers and other outside service providers as required
- Additional duties as necessary or required.
Salary: CAD100,000 - CAD150,000 per yearLocation: TorontoDate posted: July 5, 2022Our client, a well-established investment manager, is looking for a Manager of Fund Accounting to join their growing Investment Operations team. The Manager of Fund Accounting will be reporting to the Director of Operations. The Manager of Fund Accounting will be responsible for taking ownership of NAV calculation, capital call, and corporate accounting and is a crucial member supporting the firm's growth.
Salary: CAD120,000 - CAD140,000 per yearLocation: Toronto, OntarioDate posted: June 9, 2022A leading residential real estate firm is seeking a Controller, Development to join their growing wider accounting function. Reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer (CAO), the Controller, Development will manage the overall development accounting function and lead a team of accountants in the preparation of project-specific financial reports.