Investment Accountant - Private Equity
Salary CAD70,000 - CAD80,000 per year
Location Toronto, Ontario
Consultant Feven Yeshanew
Date posted June 12, 2018First Canadian Place - 100 King St W, Suite 5600 Toronto, Ontario M6J 2X4 Robert Walters Canada
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly driven and motivated team player to join the growing real estate private equity fund administration team of a large publicly listed asset manager as an Investment Accountant - Private Equity located in Toronto. The Investment Accountant - Private Equity will focus on fund accounting administration of a set of funds, separate accounts and side cars.
The successful Investment Accountant - Private Equity will be CPA designated (or international equivalent) and must have private equity experience from an audit or fund administration background.
- Post journal entries for various private equity funds/separate accounts.
- Read, understand terms of a limited partnership agreements and be able to apply the terms of the LPA in day to day accounting processes.
- Assist with preparation of quarterly binders.
- Assist with internal and external audit process.
- Assist with the new system implementation.
- Preparation of the chargeback invoices to the projects.
- Ability to propose process improvements, recommend improvement approaches and lead the process improvement projects.
- Ad-hoc projects.
- 2-3 years experience in private equity fund administration or third party fund administration firm required.
- 2-3 years of experience in public accounting with audit of private equity clients.
- Qualified accountant with CPA, CA or international equivalent.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills essential.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required.
- Must be willing and able to work in a high stress environment.
- Organized and able to handle several work streams in a day.
- Applicants with experience in private equity, financial services and/or real estate will be given preference.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office products, especially Excel.
- Knowledge of IFRS accounting, US GAAP and ASPE is preferred.
For further information, please submit your resume and contact feven.yeshanew@RobertWalters.com or phone on +1 416-644-8720.