Fund Accountant, Private Equity
Salary CAD60,000 - CAD75,000 per year
Location Toronto, OntarioFULL_TIME
Consultant Feven Yeshanew
Date posted May 3, 20192019-05-07 2019-07-02 accountancy Toronto Ontario CA M5H1J8 CAD 60000 75000 75000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robert-walters.ca
We have an exciting Fund Accountant, Private Equity opportunity for a highly driven and motivated team player to join a growing publicly listed real estate private equity fund located in Toronto. The Fund Accountant, Private Equity will focus on fund accounting administration of a set of funds, separate accounts and side cars. The successful Fund Accountant, Private Equity will be working towards their CPA (or international equivalent) and must have private equity (or hedge fund) experience from an audit or fund administration background.
- Post journal entries for various private equity funds/separate accounts.
- Read, understand terms of a limited partnership agreements and be able to apply the terms of the LPA in day to day accounting processes.
- Assist with preparation of quarterly binders.
- Assist with internal and external audit process.
- Assist with the new system implementation.
- Preparation of the chargeback invoices to the projects.
- Ability to propose process improvements, recommend improvement approaches and lead the process improvement projects.
- Ad-hoc projects.
- 1-3 years experience in private equity fund administration or third party fund administration firm required.
- 1-3 years of experience in public accounting with audit of private equity clients.
- Qualified accountant with CPA, CA or international equivalent.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills essential.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required.
- Must be willing and able to work in a high stress environment.
- Organized and able to handle several work streams in a day.
- Applicants with experience in private equity, financial services and/or real estate will be given preference.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office products, especially Excel.
- Knowledge of IFRS accounting, US GAAP and ASPE is preferred.
For further information, please submit your resume and contact Feven feven.yeshanew@RobertWalters.com