Senior Associate, Private Equity
Salary CAD70,000 - CAD80,000 per year
Consultant Feven Yeshanew
Date posted May 17, 20192019-06-03 2019-07-16 accountancy Toronto Ontario 161 Bay St, Toronto, ON CA M5J 2S1 CAD 70000 80000 80000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robert-walters.ca https://www.robert-walters.ca/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
We are working with a leading global private equity firm that is seeking a top caliber Senior Associate, Private Equity to join their growing team downtown Toronto. The Senior Associate, Private Equity will be an exciting opportunity for a candidate that is pursuing/is interested in pursuing their CPA. The Senior Associate, Private Equity will support the financial reporting, transaction and compliance activities for the firms funds.
- Candidate will participate in the quarterly and annual financial reporting process for the funds:
- Prepare fund financial statements and supporting documentation in accordance with the applicable accounting standards;
- Prepare certain data that supports the firms public IFRS financial reporting;
- Draft appropriate fund financial statement note disclosure; and
- Prepare other required Limited Partner reporting.
- Support the investment teams with transactions involving the funds.
- Prepare capital calls and distributions for the funds.
- Liaise with other company functions necessary to perform duties (example, Tax).
- Prepare white papers that support positions on accounting and compliance matters.
- Monitor compliance with the governing documents of each of the funds.
- Assist with the preparation of various regulatory filings for the funds.
- Respond to and follow up on inquiries from Limited Partners
- Candidates must have the following qualifications:
- CPA or CFA designation
- Strong financial systems experience, experience with Investran preferred
- Ability to work in a dynamic, complex, fast-paced environment, to adapt quickly and to manage changing priorities and deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and is a team player
- Self-motivated and pro-active, with respect to both managing workload and professional development
If interested please apply online.