Senior Associate - Fund Accounting (15 month contract)
Salary CAD70,000 - CAD80,000 per year
Location Toronto, OntarioTEMPORARY
Consultant Akshika Dave
Job Ref 142532/001
Date posted November 15, 2022toronto accountancy-finance/fund-accountant 2022-11-15 2022-12-15 financial-services Toronto Ontario CA CAD 70000 80000 80000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robert-walters.ca https://www.robert-walters.ca/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Our client, well-known asset management located in Downtown Toronto, is looking for a Senior Associate to join their fund accounting team. The Senior Associate will be supporting them for 12 months for a potential to go full-time. The Senior Associate will work close and will be reporting to the Manager.
- Preparation and review of monthly reports which includes timely and accurate Net Asset Value calculation, returns, distributions, and other fund accounting output
- Complete account reconciliation process including but not limited to reconciliation of administrator, broker & custodial cash, securities, corporate actions, and journal entries
- Pricing and valuation of securities including but not limited to public market and fixed income instruments
- Booking and reconciling corporate actions and capital activity
- Assist with third party administrator management and oversight
- Assist and resolve issues from internal and external stakeholders
- Support internal and external audit activities and inquiries
- Assist with the review tax returns and the preparation of financial statements
- Provide reports to management on fund activities and other related issues
- Assist with departmental projects and transformation
- Identify inefficiencies and control gaps in internal and cross-functional processes and recommend process improvements
Qualifications & Experience:
- University or college degree in Finance, Commerce, Accounting or another related discipline
- 6 to 8 years of experience in the Investment management industry
- Background in Fund Administration and Public Markets. Working knowledge of financial instruments including Mutual Funds, Hedge Funds, ETFs, Equities, Fixed Income & Derivatives
- Working knowledge of OMS such as Broadridge & Charles River and Bloomberg
- Experience working across multiple systems and working on Portfolio Management Systems (PMS) would be an asset
- Proactive, resourceful, strong work ethic and a team player
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to analyze, apply, interpret, and communicate policies, procedures, and regulations effectively
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Proven attention to accuracy of detail
- Self-motivated, flexible, and adaptable in a high-performance and deadline-oriented culture
- Adaptable to change within the department
Salary: CAD70,000 - CAD80,000 per yearLocation: Toronto, OntarioDate posted: November 30, 2022Our client, well-known asset management located in Downtown Toronto, is looking for a Senior Associate to join their fund accounting team. The Senior Associate will be supporting them for 12 months for a potential to go full-time. The Senior Associate will work close and will be reporting to the Manager.
Salary: CAD75,000 - CAD85,000 per yearLocation: Toronto, OntarioDate posted: October 27, 2022Our client, a leading asset management located in Downtown Toronto, is looking for a Senior Fund Accountant to join their growing team. The Senior Fund Accountant will report to the Manager, Fund Accounting and is expected to be detail-oriented, dynamic and motivated.
Salary: CAD85,000 - CAD90,000 per yearLocation: Toronto, OntarioDate posted: November 28, 2022We have partnered with a fast-growing and hugely successful insurance broker here in Toronto. Currently, they are one of the 10 largest insurance brokers in the world, with ambitious plans to continue growing. Our client is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst who will be responsible for assisting with financial reporting, analysis, and management of the compensation cost base for all Legal entities.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: North York, OntarioDate posted: November 11, 2022Our clients services include business advisory, valuation, corporate finance, transaction services, corporate turnaround and insolvency, and estate and succession planning, supporting over 11,000+ clients through every step of the business life cycle. They are expanding their tax team and are looking to bring a Senior Tax Specialist on board. This role will encompass a wide range of duties, including tax, complex accounting, restructuring, acquisitions, IPOs and more.
Salary: CAD80,000 - CAD85,000 per yearLocation: Toronto, OntarioDate posted: October 18, 2022Our client is a rental housing company dedicated to providing an exceptional rental experience. They are seeking a Senior Accountant, Corporate Reporting, reporting to the Manager, Corporate Reporting. The successful candidate will be an important part of a growing team of accounting professionals, many of whom worked in the “Big 4” firms. This role requires a dynamic, energetic, and highly motivated individual who can join the team in a senior capacity with growth opportunities.