Location Markham, OntarioFULL_TIME
Consultant Zahraa Mahomed
Job Ref 1FJXD0
Date posted March 13, 2023other accountancy-finance/group-accountant 2023-03-13 2023-05-12 accountancy Markham Ontario 200 Cachet Woods Ct Suite 214, Markham CA ON L6C 0Z8 Robert Walters https://www.robert-walters.ca https://www.robert-walters.ca/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
Our client an international organization in the sustainability and waste management sector is currently looking for an Accountant to join their dynamic Finance team, working out of our Markham Office.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business.
- Minimum 3-5years of progressive work experience in a full-cycle accounting function and or internal auditing.
- Completion or in progress professional designation (CPA: CA, CMA or CGA).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all tracking, accounting, payment and reconciliation/reporting activities related to companies key partners are managed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Recording of monthly revenue and associated expenses following company policies and IFRS.
- Maintaining general ledger for all related entities.
- Own monthly, quarterly and annual closings for Canadian office.
- Monthly reporting and analysis of performance against budget and forecast.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Support the Finance department in AR/AP management and in meeting team goals.
- Performing account analysis and reconciliation, inventory, intercompany general ledger accounts, accounts payable and receivable.
- Posting monthly, quarterly and yearly accruals.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Assist and support the annual external audit process.
- Assist in the preparation of annual financial statements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Record keeping of the company, following the policies of the company, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and existing laws and regulations;
- Support the management of cash flow for the business,
- Creates and inputs GL entries and reconciles and balances GL accounts every month according to company policies and procedures,
- Performs monthly intercompany reconciliations.
- Manages highly confidential information, adhering to privacy laws and accounting best practices; ensures the confidentiality and security of all financial files;
- Maintains vendor files and filing systems for all financial documents.
- Ensures compliance with tax obligations according to tax acts.
- Ensures the strict compliance of the QMS Procedures for the Financial and Accounting Area and raises any non-compliance or non-conformity issue opportunely to address it and fix it immediately.
- Ensures compliance with all local legal matters of economy, finances, taxes, and export and import.
Should you meet the above requirements please apply!
Get in touch
+1 647 288 2452