Senior Internal Auditor
Salary CAD80,000 - CAD85,000 per year
Location Toronto, OntarioFULL_TIME
Consultant Jon Mullin
Date posted March 6, 2019 2019-03-062019-05-05 financial-services Toronto Ontario 145 King Street West CA M4M 2G3 CAD 80000 85000 85000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robert-walters.ca
A fantastic Toronto based opportunity has arisen with one of our clients for a someone looking to leave a Practice firm for a Senior Internal Auditor role. The Senior Internal Auditor will support the IA Director and work on the Corporate Head office audits looking at Controls Testing (ICFR), Fund Compliance Testing and enhancement and Internal Audit Projects.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Associate, Internal Audit to join a diverse, publicly listed business and have a real impact on its growth. This role will assist the Director, Internal Audit with growing the internal audit function to help shape the business in the coming years. In addition to internal controls over financial reporting, the role will also support improvements to processes and controls by developing new audit plans around tax, legal, compliance and much more.
- Support the effective and efficient execution of the internal control evaluation requirements for CEO/CFO Certification as required by the Ontario Securities Act (Bill 198) under NI 52-109;
- Assist in preparing and updating the risk assessment, scoping and plan of the Disclosure Controls & Procedures and operating effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting;
- Perform annual walk through of processes, controls & perform the annual fraud risk assessment;
- Support the enhancement and execution of the annual investment compliance program and internal audit program;
- As a subject matter expert, assist management and other personnel in identifying continuous improvements to the design, application, and assessment of internal controls across financial reporting, investment compliance and other corporate functions;
- Support the Director, Internal Audit with audit committee reporting on a quarterly basis to ensure action plans are aligned with objectives and are appropriately assessed to mitigate risk and take corrective actions in a timely manner.
- Professional accounting qualification, CPA or international equivalent;
- External or Internal Audit experience of Public and or Private companies is required;
- Experience with financial reporting controls (NI 52-109 and/or SOX);
- Exposure to investment operations and products or asset management business is an asset;
- Strong business acumen and work ethic with the desire and ability to think strategically to navigate competing issues and improve current processes;
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work proactively to complete tasks within tight deadlines;
- High level of professionalism and maturity along with strong interpersonal skills;
- Ownership of work and desire to take tasks to the next level.
For further information, please apply and contact Jon.Mullin@RobertWalters.com