Manager, Financial Reporting
Salary CAD85,000 - CAD95,000 per year
Location Toronto, Ontario
Consultant Muna Ismail
Date posted June 26, 2018First Canadian Place - 100 King St W, Suite 5600 Toronto, Ontario M6J 2X4 Robert Walters Canada
A leading medical and private equity firm is looking to add a Manager, Financial Reporting who will take a crucial role in managing the technical accounting function and ensure compliance with US GAAP across all financial statements. The Manager, will develop financial reports within the ERP system and implement comprehensive worldwide accounting policy documents. The successful Manager, Financial Reporting will be CPA designated (or international equivalent) and must have a mix of public accounting and industry experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with external auditors in conjunction of external financial statements; annual audit and quarterly review activities and developing internal reports
- Active role in enforcing of budget to actual reporting
- Manage US GAAP conversions by establishing and documenting accounting policies and controls
- Facilitate in preparing of monthly financial reports to the executive team
The successful candidate will have experience in a related role and is expected to bring a structured, proactive approach and technical accounting background. The ideal candidate mindset has a willingness to learn as well as drive to continuously improve.
- US GAAP experience is crucial for this role
- Minimum 6 years of experience inclusive of industry and an public accounting firm background (Big 8 preferred)
- Excellent problem solving skills
- CPA designated (or international equivalent)