Salary CAD100,000 - CAD110,000 per year
Location Toronto, Ontario
Consultant Marie-Claire McDonnell
Date posted March 29, 2018First Canadian Place - 100 King St W, Suite 5600 Toronto, Ontario M6J 2X4 Robert Walters Canada
Based in Toronto, The Tax Manager role is an excellent opportunity for a designated CPA (or international equivalent) and Indepth tax course completed individual to join a rapidly growing international business. The company is looking to hit the next stage of their expansion plans and are looking to grow their finance and accounting division with the addition of a strong and knowledgeable Tax Manager with experience in US and Canadian tax.
In addition to tax compliance and provision responsibilities, duties will also include involvement in global tax matters of diverse scope where analysis requires evaluation of business and taxation aspects on a multi-national basis. You will report directly to the Tax Director and indirectly to the CFO.
- Prepare and/or review US GAAP tax provisions for affiliates in Canada, Europe, and Australia.
- Prepare and/or review Canadian income tax and/or information returns, reports, transfer pricing studies.
- Ensure that new developments in tax are conveyed to the appropriate people in the company and that processes are developed to ensure that the company is in compliance with laws and regulations.
- Assist in responding to queries from internal/external/government auditors.
- Support global tax planning and process improvement initiatives, as well as other tax related matters on an ad hoc basis.
- Provide support in the compilation of Canadian entity information for US income tax return reporting.
- Partner with global tax team to document and defend significant cross-border transactions
For further information, please submit your resume and contact marie-claire.mcdonnell@RobertWalters.com or phone on +1 416-644-2818.