Location Toronto, Ontario
Consultant Jon Mullin
Date posted July 9, 2018First Canadian Place - 100 King St W, Suite 5600 Toronto, Ontario M6J 2X4 Robert Walters Canada
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Tax Manager. This new role will report into the CFO and be responsible for Tax across the business.
The Tax Manager will work closely the CFO to ensure that Canadian tax compliance requirements are met and timely responses to audit queries from the Canada Revenue Agency. The Tax Manager will also work closely with Finance, Treasury, Operations and Legal groups to obtain information and ensure compliance with tax policies and guidelines.
Specific responsibilities include assisting with:
- Preparation of the quarterly tax provision in accordance with IFRS;
- Canadian tax compliance (corporate, partnership, foreign reporting and other returns/elections);
- Responding to Canada Revenue Agency’s audit queries and information requests;
- Assistance with tax aspects of internal reorganizations; and
- Various tax calculations and tracking of tax attributes, surplus etc. and ensuring that sufficient documentation is on file to support tax balances and attributes.
- CPA (or international equivalent) designation
- Completion of the CICA in-depth tax programs or Masters of Taxation;
- Corporate tax experience in an accounting firm or in industry with a large corporate group;
- Experience with corporate tax audits by the Canada Revenue Agency;
- Experience with Canadian tax compliance and tax accounting.
For this and other opportunities, please contact Jon.Mullin@RobertWalters.com