Head of Strategic Wealth Planning
Salary CAD150,000 - CAD200,000 per year + equity
Location Toronto, OntarioFULL_TIME
Consultant Martin Fox
Date posted October 16, 2018 2018-10-162018-12-14 financial-services First Canadian Place - 100 King St W, Suite 5600 Toronto, Ontario M6J 2X4 Robert Walters Canada
We are partnering with a new downtown Toronto-based multi-family office whose mission is to professionalize and humanize how wealthy families engage with their wealth to find a Head of Strategic Wealth Planning. The firm provides a broad range of strategic planning, education, global investment management and private market investments to families of significant wealth.
The Head of Strategic Wealth Planning will be a critical senior role within this innovative start-up multi-family office. The role is based in Toronto and will report in to the Director of Business development, and support the CEO, COO and other stakeholders.
- Develop and manage the design of the firm’s wealth planning offerings to ultra high net worth clients
- As a key member of the client coverage team, manage a deep due diligence process into prospective client’s personal assets and structure, as well as their operating companies
- Engage with clients from the perspective of an outsourced CFO, providing guidance on potential issues, partners and other resources
- Serve as the firm’s primary liaison with our client’s external tax, trust and estate advisors
- Grow and foster relationships with external professional advisors and educate them on the firm’s approach to planning and overall service offering
- Develop planning materials and planning strategy documents for marketing and client service purposes
- Educate internal stakeholders, clients and external professionals on various tax, estate planning and related planning strategies
- Assist the firm’s Director of Research in the due diligence of private market investment opportunities
- Develop compelling content, events and programs for their client education vertical
- Accomplished academic career with a degree in Accounting/Finance from a top-tier university
- Professional accounting designation (CPA or international equivalent)
- Ideally have 7-10 years of experience with an emphasis on tax and estate planning for shareholders of Canadian private corporations (although this does not preclude someone with more experience from applying)
- Already possess or have the willingness to obtain the Canadian Securities Course (CSC), as well as qualifications from The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP); Certified Financial Planner (CFP) and Family Enterprise Exchange (FEA)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel with both modelling and business valuation skills and experience
- Have a passion for business development, networking and mining personal network to drive new relationships for the firm
Please click below to apply for this opportunity or contact Martin Fox at Robert Walters for additional information on email@example.com or +1 416 633 8310.