Senior Manager, US Corporate Tax
Location Toronto, OntarioFULL_TIME
Consultant Jon Mullin
Date posted January 7, 2019 2019-01-072019-02-18 financial-services Toronto Ontario CA m5c 2w5 CAD 140000 200000 200000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robert-walters.ca https://www.robert-walters.ca/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An exciting Senior Manager, US Tax opportunity has arisen with a global financial services business in Toronto. Our client is looking to hire a senior tax professional with strong US Tax knowledge to help lead the US tax function of their business and ensure it's aligned with the wider corporate tax strategy.
NB THIS IS INITIALLY AN 18 MONTH FIXED TERM CONTRACT ROLE
About the Role
- Lead a team of tax professionals to manage the daily operations and act as a liaison between the tax department and other corporate functions;
- Manage the US jurisdiction tax strategy, planning and execution;
- Act as a trusted partner to the investment tax team, helping them to advise on initiatives, issues and complexities;
- Ensure that the outsourcing of the tax returns is smooth and accurate and in line with global tax compliance obligations.;
- Manage and ensure timely and accurate tax audits;
- Keep abreast of the changing legal landscape in relation to tax and ensure that that changes to tax fillings and positions are made; and
- Identify and deliver process improvement opportunities to help drive change across the tax business.
Qualification and Experience Required
- Chartered Professional Accountant;
- Very strong experience in US Tax;
- Team Leadership and development;
- A strategic thinker who can devise and deliver compelling strategies and plans; and
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
For further information or to apply, please contact Jon Mullin on Jon.Mullin@RobertWalters.com / 647 288 2441