Location Toronto, OntarioFULL_TIME
Consultant Jon Mullin
Date posted December 21, 2018 2018-12-212019-02-19 financial-services Toronto Ontario CA CAD 85000 100000 100000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robert-walters.ca https://www.robert-walters.ca/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A Tax Manager position has opened up with a Fund Management client of ours working alongside the Tax Director and Financial Controller. Working on complex tax issues for Corporations, Trusts, Partnerships giving some guidance and support around Individual Tax. This role will see you working on both US and Canadian tax issues, planning for the future and ensuring that the third-party tax preparation is done in a timely, accurate and strategically aligned manner.
The Tax Manager will have responsibilities in Canadian and US compliance and tax planning work as well as review and oversight of tax returns that are prepared by external accounting firms. The role will report into the Tax Director and have a strong working relationship with the Finance and Operations team.
If you’re looking for a challenging yet supportive opportunity to grow and develop your tax knowledge, then this opportunity will give you self and assisted learning opportunities across a wide range of tax matters.
- Review and oversight of tax returns for Corporations, Partnerships & Trusts that are prepared by external accounting firms
- Preparation of tax working papers
- Correspondence with tax authorities including the CRA, Revenu Québec and the IRS as appropriate
- Responsible for HST/ PST/ GST compliance and oversight of filings made by the property management companies
- Work with the Finance team to anlayse the financial statements for taxable income adjustments
- Identify and implement process improvements within the tax team
- Ad hoc project work and system
- CPA, CA (or equivalent)
- MTax or CPA In-Depth Tax program experience would be an asset
For further information and to apply to the role, please click the link, or send your resume to Jon.Mullin@RobertWalters.com