Location Toronto, OntarioFULL_TIME
Consultant Jon Mullin
Date posted January 23, 2019 2019-01-232019-03-19 pharmaceuticals Toronto Ontario CA m5h 1j8 CAD 160000 180000 180000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robert-walters.ca
Have you led the tax function for a fast growing and international business? Do you want to do it again? We are looking to hire a Tax Director for an international, listed business. You will help the CFO and CEO to drive the business, leading the tax division and ensuring that the tax strategy is aligned with the business's interests and international law.
About the Role:
This is an amazing role, leading the global tax team for a recently listed and fast-growing organisation.
The Tax Director will support the Company’s continued growth and will have the opportunity to lead all aspects of the company’s tax department.
- Manage the tax work of all related companies including the communication between the relevant parties;
- Finalize treasury/ cash deployment and intercompany transactions memos;
- Direct or perform the tax reporting, research and planning across the relevant federal, provincial, local and international jurisdictions;
- Complete annual registrations, Foreign Agent registrations and Resident Treaty registrations;
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all tax audits;
- Prepare the required federal, provincial/state and local tax returns for all the company’s entities;
- Preparation of transfer pricing documentation;
- Research and implement new tax and other related regulations across multiple jurisdictions;
- Operate as a central source of expertise for payroll setup across jurisdictions and changes within current locations, and
- Work on ad hoc or special projects as directed by the executive management.
- CPA and master’s degree in tax or in-depth tax course;
- 8 years of international corporate tax planning and compliance with a strong focus on US tax;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability explain complex issues;
- Experience with IRS 965 transition tax, multinational structuring, cross-border planning for transfer pricing, 956 inclusions, inbound and outbound entity planning;
- Expert knowledge of US, Canadian and possibly other international tax regulations, legislation and reporting procedures;
- Strong technical and analytical skills;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under deadline pressure, and
- Strong time-management and organizational skills.
For further information, please contact Jon.Mullin@RobertWalters.com