Indirect Tax Manager
Consultant Jon Mullin
Date posted April 18, 20192019-04-18 2019-06-17 financial-services Vancouver British Columbia CA CAD 90000 105000 105000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robert-walters.ca
A global financial services business is looking to grow its tax team by hiring a Canadian indirect tax professional Tax Manager into their Vancouver offices.
This Tax Manager role is ideally suited to someone with strong Canadian Tax background with a particular focus on Indirect Tax. This role will see you work as both an operator and leader within the tax function across a broad, complex and international financial services organisation.
- Prepare Federal and Provincial Transactional Tax returns relating to the banks operations across Canada;
- Including Goods and Services Tax/Harmonized Sales Tax, Quebec Sales Tax, Provincial Sales Tax and Insurance Premium Tax returns;
- Responsible for managing financial accounting relating to all Transactional Tax accounts, including reviewing reconciliations of Transaction Tax financial accounts for completeness and accuracy; preparing related journal entries relating to Transactional Tax returns and financial accounts; and ensuring all internal and external accounting standards have been met;
- Prepare working papers for year-end purposes;
- Assist with external and internal audits relating to Transactional Taxes;
- Communicate with a wide range of staff in the organization including operational, accounting and senior staff members, including resolving transactional tax accounting issues and responding to questions and requests from other departments;
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned;
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
- Professional CPA or equivalent with over five years of Transactional Tax experience, with emphasis on compliance and managing the accounting of Transactional Taxes;
- Knowledge of banking and financial services environment preferred.
- Knowledge of complex business operations required; and
- Excellent communication, analytical and sound judgment skills are essential;
If you're interested in learning more about this role, please contact Jon.Mullin@RobertWalters.com