Senior Tax Specialist
Location North York, OntarioFULL_TIME
Consultant Ellen Quinn
Job Ref R2Y80Y
Date posted November 11, 2022toronto accountancy-finance/tax 2022-11-11 2023-01-10 accountancy North York Ontario 201 Bridgeland Avenue, Toronto Ontario M6A 1Y7 CA M6A 1Y7 Robert Walters https://www.robert-walters.ca https://www.robert-walters.ca/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Our clients services include business advisory, valuation, corporate finance, transaction services, corporate turnaround and insolvency, and estate and succession planning, supporting over 11,000+ clients through every step of the business life cycle. They are expanding their tax team and are looking to bring a Senior Tax Specialist on board. This role will encompass a wide range of duties, including tax, complex accounting, restructuring, acquisitions, IPOs and more.
About the Position
As the Tax Specialist, you will work at a variety of levels and in a variety of industries such as real estate, high net worth individuals, owner-managed businesses and more.
You will be required to complete the necessary forms for clients or for the businesses in which they work while ensuring compliance and advising executive leadership/clients on best practices and emerging issues related to tax.
- Corresponding with tax authorities on tax audits and appeals.
- Preparing and reviewing personal, corporate tax returns along with other tax information forms.
- Preparing various election forms
- Develop and implement strategies for clients to capitalize on business opportunities.
- Identify and document tax filing positions including risk analysis.
- Researching tax issues and documenting this research in tax memos or client letters
- Contribute to client satisfaction by providing clients with quality, timely and responsive services and work products.
- Discuss moderately complex tax issues with the engagement team and client management.
- Keep informed of current tax developments and effectively apply tax knowledge to client situations.
- Prepare practical and effective approaches to the client's tax situation and arrive at appropriate conclusions.
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum of 3-5+ years of tax experience in a Professional Services firm
- Bachelor's degree
- Pursuing or has a professional designation (CPA or other comparable certification)
- Completion of any levels of the CPA in-depth tax courses an asset
- Effective communication and organizational skills
- Team player and can work in a dynamic work environment
- Strong ability to handle multiple tax-related tasks
- Ability to interpret HST guidelines and legislation as an asset
Should you meet the above requirements please apply directly or email a copy of your Resume to email@example.com
Salary: CAD85,000 - CAD90,000 per yearLocation: Toronto, OntarioDate posted: November 28, 2022We have partnered with a fast-growing and hugely successful insurance broker here in Toronto. Currently, they are one of the 10 largest insurance brokers in the world, with ambitious plans to continue growing. Our client is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst who will be responsible for assisting with financial reporting, analysis, and management of the compensation cost base for all Legal entities.
Salary: CAD70,000 - CAD80,000 per yearLocation: Toronto, OntarioDate posted: November 30, 2022Our client, well-known asset management located in Downtown Toronto, is looking for a Senior Associate to join their fund accounting team. The Senior Associate will be supporting them for 12 months for a potential to go full-time. The Senior Associate will work close and will be reporting to the Manager.
Salary: CAD70,000 - CAD80,000 per yearLocation: Toronto, OntarioDate posted: November 15, 2022Our client, well-known asset management located in Downtown Toronto, is looking for a Senior Associate to join their fund accounting team. The Senior Associate will be supporting them for 12 months for a potential to go full-time. The Senior Associate will work close and will be reporting to the Manager.
Salary: CAD75,000 - CAD85,000 per yearLocation: Toronto, OntarioDate posted: October 27, 2022Our client, a leading asset management located in Downtown Toronto, is looking for a Senior Fund Accountant to join their growing team. The Senior Fund Accountant will report to the Manager, Fund Accounting and is expected to be detail-oriented, dynamic and motivated.
Salary: CAD80,000 - CAD85,000 per yearLocation: Toronto, OntarioDate posted: October 18, 2022Our client is a rental housing company dedicated to providing an exceptional rental experience. They are seeking a Senior Accountant, Corporate Reporting, reporting to the Manager, Corporate Reporting. The successful candidate will be an important part of a growing team of accounting professionals, many of whom worked in the “Big 4” firms. This role requires a dynamic, energetic, and highly motivated individual who can join the team in a senior capacity with growth opportunities.