Salary CAD120,000 - CAD180,000 per year
Location Toronto, OntarioFULL_TIME
Consultant Brady Jones
Date posted October 30, 2018 2018-10-302018-12-14 legal First Canadian Place - 100 King St W, Suite 5600 Toronto, Ontario M6J 2X4 Robert Walters Canada
Well-established, mid-sized Bay Street law firm is looking to add an Associate Real Estate Lawyer to add to its Real Estate Department in downtown Toronto. You would be working within a well-developed and diverse real estate group. The Associate Real Estate Lawyer will get the chance to establish or build upon his or her own legal practice while working with various senior partners at the firm.
Our client, a mid-sized downtown Toronto based full service law firm, currently has an opportunity for a new role for an Associate Real Estate Lawyer. The ideal candidate will have between 3-7 years’ experience working in a real estate group at a reputable Canadian law firm. This candidate must be capable of managing competing priorities and working under tight timelines. If you are excited to learn from, and work with, a sophisticated and well-established real estate group while at the same time developing your own practice then this could be the right role for you. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated, have a strong sense of personal accountability, attention to detail and excellent communication skills.
Key Requirements and Qualifications:
- Member of good standing with the Law Society of Upper Canada or provincial bar;
- 3-7 years’ experience at a reputable Canadian law firm with a focus on a variety of commercial real estate transactions;
- Experience with all aspects relating to commercial real estate transactions – including acquisitions, dispositions, development, leasing and secured financings;
- Proficient with Teranet/Teraview software and all aspects of the due diligence required for closing commercial real estate transactions;
- Experience in advising on the real estate aspects of private M&A transactions;
- Ability to liaise with clients and build and/or maintain your own client base is considered a valuable attribute;
- Detail oriented and well organized;
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment; and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential, as are strong interpersonal skills.
To submit your resume, apply today or please contact Brady Jones at Brady.Jones@RobertWalters.com