Private Equity Law Clerk
Location Toronto, OntarioFULL_TIME
Consultant Brady Jones
Date posted February 8, 2019 2019-02-082019-04-09 financial-services Toronto Ontario 145 King Street West, Suite 720, Toronto, ON CA M5H 1J8 CAD 125000 150000 150000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robert-walters.ca
Our client is a global private markets fund manager (the "Firm") with over $10 billion under management, on behalf of pension plans, financial institutions and family offices. Due to rapid expansion and a promising deal flow pipeline for 2019, they are seeking a top caliber Corporate Law Clerk to join their growing downtown Toronto office.
Position Summary – Corporate Law Clerk:
The Corporate Law Clerk will be an independent contractor, assisting with legal documentation relating to the Firm’s private equity investment program, with a focus on reviewing and negotiating non-disclosure/confidentiality agreements. The Corporate Law Clerk will support the Firm’s legal team and investment teams and will work with investment professionals and counter-parties in other global locations.
Independent Contractor: the successful candidate will not be employed by the Firm but instead must be established as an independent contractor with the ability to docket and invoice for time spent on various matters. This will not affect the candidate’s relationship with the Firm’s culture and the successful candidate will work out of the Firm’s Toronto head office.
- Review and process non-disclosure agreements for the private equity deal teams and the business generally
- Prepare authorizing resolutions for investments and assist with coordinating closing documentation and internal process documentation for private equity investments
- Prepare and maintain complete legal records of the Firm’s private equity investments
- Process waivers and consents
- As needed, organize new corporations, limited partnerships and other entities, primarily in Ontario, but also in other jurisdictions, and any other related matters
- A minimum of five (5) years of professional legal experience working as a corporate law clerk in a law firm or in-house legal department (investment industry strongly preferred)
- Experienced and confident with reviewing and negotiating confidentiality agreements
- Excellent drafting, editing and writing skills with very close attention to detail
- Exceptional time management, planning and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed; demonstrated ability to be proactive
For further information please contact Brady Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org or (647) 288-2438.