Location Toronto, OntarioFULL_TIME
Consultant Brady Jones
Date posted April 11, 20192019-04-11 2019-06-10 legal Toronto Ontario 145 King Street West CA CAD 200000 500000 500000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robert-walters.ca
Our client is a full service firm in Toronto's downtown core that is seeking a corporate and commercial litigator. The Commercial Litigator will have 15+ years of litigation experience at a reputable Toronto or Canadian based law firm (or international equivalent). For further information on this Commercial Litigator position, or to apply, please contact Robert Walters, Legal and Compliance department, at email@example.com.
Position: Corporate and Commercial Litigator
Our client, a downtown Toronto based full service law firm, currently has an opportunity for a new role for a Corporate and Commercial Litigator. The ideal candidate will have 15+ years of litigation experience working in a corporate law and commercial law group at a reputable Canadian law firm. This candidate has a strong capacity to manage competing priorities and tight time lines in a fast-paced environment. If you are excited to work in a sophisticated and well-established corporate and commercial law group, with potential advancement opportunities, then this could be the right role for you. The ideal candidate must come with some degree of their own client book, be self-motivated, personable, detail-oriented and possess excellent communication skills.
Key Requirements and Qualifications
- Member of good standing with the Law Society of Upper Canada or provincial bar;
- 15+ years of experience at a reputable Canadian law firm (or international equivalent) with a focus on corporate and commercial litigation;
- Experience with Class Actions, Business Financing and Franchise Law are an asset;
- Experience litigating various aspects of corporate law and commercial law – including breach of contract, intellectual property, consumer class actions and regulatory issues;
- Ability to liaise with clients and build and/or maintain your own client base is mandatory;
- Detail-oriented and well organized;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential, as are strong interpersonal skills.