Director of Compliance
Consultant Kiren Sangha
Date posted June 12, 20192019-06-25 2019-08-11 legal Toronto Ontario CA M5H1J8 CAD 120000 180000 180000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robert-walters.ca https://www.robert-walters.ca/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Our client, a leading legal technology service provider is seeking a mid-level associate for an exciting new role. The Director of Compliance position is an excellent hybrid legal/business role for an associate who is well versed with corporate compliance. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in the company's functions by maintaining corporate compliance in all areas of operation.
Our client provides cloud-based software and technology solutions designed to improve efficiency for a host of legal and business professionals. Their services include due diligence processes, corporate registrations, document production and electronic filing.
The successful Director of Compliance will be tasked with implementing company wide corporate compliance policies, conducting audits and managing external contracts with various government directives, laws, regulations, orders and by-laws.
Special attention will be given to candidates who have demonstrated knowledge of corporate compliance and those who have a strong background in either corporate or real estate law.
- 4-6 years experience working in private practice at a Canadian law firm;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the federal Competition Act, PIPEDA, and the requisite legislation surrounding corporate compliance;
- Thorough understanding of contractual law;
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills;
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage multiple projects at once;
- A high degree of ethics and judgment; and
- Ability to manage employees and enforce internal policies and procedures.
If interested, please apply online or contact Kiren Sangha at: email@example.com