Salary CAD100,000 - CAD115,000 per year
Consultant Brady Jones
Date posted June 13, 20192019-06-14 2019-08-12 legal Toronto Ontario 145 King Street West Suite 720 CA M5H 1J8 CAD 100000 115000 115000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robert-walters.ca https://www.robert-walters.ca/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Our client, a boutique Insurance Litigation law firm, specializing in disability litigation, is seeking a Junior Associate to join their team in mid-town Toronto. The Junior Associate position is well-suited for a lawyer who has experience in disability insurance litigation on the plaintiff and/or defence side. The Junior Associate’s role will focus on discoveries, motions and working alongside senior lawyers who will guide their career towards negotiating and settling files.
Our client specializes in litigating long-term disability claims and other insurance claims centred around health and wellness, injury, critical illness and life insurance. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work alongside senior lawyers on complex legal matters including issues surrounding evidence, liability, causation and damages.
Special attention will be given to candidates with experience in employment law and/or insurance law. Also, being licensed in Alberta or British Columbia will be considered an asset, as it aligns with the firms future plans for expansion.
- 2-5 years' experience in either plaintiff disability insurance litigation or insurance defence litigation and employment litigation;
- Demonstrated skill in conducting motions and examinations for discovery is an asset;
- Personal injury litigation experience on either plaintiff or defence side will be considered;
- Skilled at working collaboratively on files with senior and junior lawyers;
- Excellent drafting skills and oral communication skills;
- Some travel for case work will be required;
This client offers opportunities for Associates to have extra-provincial licensing fees compensated by the firm. They also offer an attractive two-tiered bonus structure. More specifically, the successful candidate will receive an individual, performance-based bonus as well as a discretionary bonus based on the firm’s annual performance.
If interested, please apply online or contact Geneva Ricks at Geneva.Ricks@robertwalters.com