VP - Operations, Legal & Compliance
Salary CAD200,000 - CAD250,000 per year
Consultant Andres Nino
Job Ref 144002/001
Date posted July 26, 2022toronto legal-compliance/chief-compliance-officer 2022-08-03 2022-09-24 insurance Toronto Ontario CA CAD 200000 250000 250000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robert-walters.ca https://www.robert-walters.ca/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
We are exclusively partnering with a rapidly growing direct-to-consumer global life insurance distribution company that recently expanded into the Canadian market. With over 80 staff and growing; our client is looking for a senior executive to help support the business across various functions.
The VP Operations – Legal, Compliance and Operations will look after all aspects of regulatory compliance; provide legal support, and bring Operations leadership to various functions across the business including HR, recruitment, licencing, and Partner management.
The ideal candidate would be one with expertise in Canadian insurance regulations and be able to offer sound, pragmatic guidance to the organization. The ideal candidate will also be bilingual.
This is a critical role for the business, and its remit is truly business-wide.
Technical Skills / Knowledge Required:
- Detailed knowledge of CLHIA guidelines
- Detailed knowledge of OSFI and provincial regulation
- Detailed knowledge of PIPEDA
- Good understanding of individual life insurance market
- Good understanding of risk management practises
- Legal qualifications or equivalent
Desired Experience / Knowledge:
- 5+ years of experience in senior management roles within an OSFI-regulated financial services firm
- Experience working with insurance distribution companies and/or start-up environments
- Proven capability to work across a wide variety of business challenges e.g., from advising on strategic / commercial projects and to being in the detail helping to fix operational processes
- Proven track record of shaping innovation in a compliant, but fast-paced, pragmatic way
- Juris Doctor with 3+ years of relevant experience with insurance distribution companies
- Licenced to practise law in Ontario and/or Quebec would be considered an asset
- Relevant experience with Canadian insurance distribution companies would be considered a strong asset.
If you believe this opportunity is right for you, please forward your CV to email@example.com or kindly apply below.
Salary: CAD95,000 - CAD150,000 per year + Excellent Benefits CoverageLocation: TorontoDate posted: June 17, 2022Our client is an award wining and fast-growing Private Equity firm focused on complex and structure finance solutions for both direct and secondary investments. The firm has an amazing culture and focus on hiring high caliber low ego team orientated individuals. Compensation is in top quartile with hybrid work model of 3 days per week.