Chief Compliance Officer
Salary Excellent Benefits + Equity
Consultant Dan Cardon
Job Ref LCO-CCO-CANADA
Date posted August 28, 2022other legal-compliance/chief-compliance-officer 2022-08-31 2022-10-27 financial-services Toronto Ontario CA TELECOMMUTE Robert Walters https://www.robert-walters.ca https://www.robert-walters.ca/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Exceptional Chief Compliance Officer opportunity to be part of the founding executive team for Canada and play an essential role in the international expansion of this rapidly growing and highly regarded global Fintech company as they expand into Canada. Known for innovative and disruptive technology, this company has become a powerhouse on the global stage.
- Provide strategic insights, guidance, and decisions on compliance matters to protect the company, products, and customers
- Develop policy and operation procedures reflecting business and regulatory requirements.
- Evaluate processes to identify compliance risks and implement actions to address them.
- Build strategic, tactical and operational goals according to timelines and budget
- Oversee the daily operations of the local Compliance teams, including hiring, training and managing staff and managing escalations
- Build and advocate for product compliance requirements
- Maintain and scale compliance programs
- Lead independent assessments related to different compliance programs
- Represent the voice of compliance with important internal partners, including senior and executive managers, along with the board of directors
- Be the primary compliance contact with all external partners and maintain partner relationships
- At least 10 years of proven and progressive experience in a senior compliance management role
- Knowledge in the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act and Regulations dealing in both fiat and virtual currencies
- Successful completion of the Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist exam (CAMS) and/or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA) Crypto Assets Trading regulatory requirements is a plus.
- Knowledge of the EU Money Laundering Directive and the USA Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) is useful.
- Experience working with products from a conceptual idea to a full public launch
- Tactical experience on how to manage independent audits and regulatory examinations
- Manage and strengthen compliance programs, even better if you have built one from scratch
- Experience with compliance in international markets
- Knowledge of how to navigate the payments or financial technology space
- A straightforward approach to building roadmaps and leading the strategic direction for the team
- A clear management philosophy to grow an organization in a fast-growing business
- Impeccable ethical standards
If you meet these experience requirements and would like to have a confidential conversation, please submit your details or contact me at:
Salary: Excellent Benefits + EquityLocation: OntarioDate posted: September 13, 2022Exceptional Chief Compliance Officer opportunity to be part of the founding executive team for Canada and play an essential role in the international expansion of this rapidly growing and highly regarded global Fintech company as they expand into Canada. Known for innovative and disruptive technology, this company has become a powerhouse on the global stage.