Director, Business Unit Controls, Investment & Merchant Banking
Salary CAD130,000 - CAD155,000 per year
Location Toronto, OntarioFULL_TIME
Consultant Brady Jones
Date posted November 19, 2018 2018-11-192019-01-14 financial-services First Canadian Place - 100 King St W, Suite 5600 Toronto, Ontario M6J 2X4 Robert Walters https://www.robert-walters.ca
This is a fantastic position, working in a stand alone position as a Director or Vice President, Business Unit Controls, Investment Banking & Merchant Banking within the Capital Markets division of a major international financial institution. The Director or Vice President, Business Unit Controls, will be working with the investment banking and capital markets team by providing compliance oversight, monitoring and training to the front office business. The successful candidate will be reporting directly to head of the department on a wide range of compliance matters.
- Support the development and continued maintenance of a current and accurate Regulatory Library;
- Responsible for supporting the design and execution of monitoring and testing activities to assess the effectiveness of the regulatory compliance risk controls that are in place;
- Advise management and compliance when there are changes to the regulatory environment which may impact investment banking and / or the enterprise’s regulatory risk profile;
- Work with the business to support any required training requirements;
- Liaise with business management to design and implement changes to business policies and procedures; and
- Assisting management with identifying and managing compliance risk, monitoring and reporting.
- 5+ years of regulatory compliance experience;
- Must have in-depth knowledge of a Canadian compliance regulator (OSC, IIROC, OSFI), as they relate to capital markets activities, specifically relating to private/public controls relevant to investment banking;
- Experience with regulatory and compliance requirements applicable to Canadian investment banking activities;
- Prior experience providing regulatory controls oversight, including the development of effective controls and execution of monitoring activities;
- Experience working in the three Lines of Defence model and holding a compliance position within the first or second Line of Defence;
- Prior exposure to merchant banking activities is considered an asset;
- Experience in developing and supporting Written Supervisory Procedures for investment banking;
- Knowledge of Vockler requirements, as they relate to investment banking activities;
- Ability to assess detailed information and form opinions in relation to implications for capital markets activities;
- Proven ability to identify, solve and prevent regulatory issues;
- Excellent attention to detail, well organized and proven decision- leadership abilities; and
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to manage multiple stakeholder relationships, across the three Lines of Defence.