Compliance Manager- Portfolio and Trading
Salary CAD90,000 - CAD120,000 per year
Consultant Brady Jones
Date posted August 16, 20192019-08-21 2019-10-15 financial-services Toronto Ontario CA CAD 90000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robert-walters.ca https://www.robert-walters.ca/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Our client, a global independent asset management firm with over C$100 billion in AUM is seeking a Compliance Manager to join their Toronto office. This is an ideal role for a compliance professional who is well versed with Canadian and foreign equity, fixed income, asset allocation and non-traditional investment solutions.
The Compliance Manager will be tasked with supervising the daily functions of the portfolio and trading compliance team with two direct reports. The candidate will monitor compliance with regulatory requirements, implement internal controls, document team procedures, remain abreast with current compliance regulations and provide in-house training with respect to portfolio and trading compliance.
Candidates who demonstrate the below qualities will be considered:
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in compliance with either an investment management or securities background
- Minimum of 3 years of managerial experience in a team based environment
- Thorough understanding of requisite leglisation and investment industry regulations
- Bachelors degree in Finance or a related discipline
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office, Fidessa Sentinel, Charles River or Bloomberg AIM
- CFA Charter holder, or in the process of undertaking same
- Billingual in English and French
If interested in this position, please apply online or contact Brady Jones at Brady.Jones@robertwalters.com.