Compliance Officer- Portfolio and Trading
Salary CAD75,000 - CAD85,000 per year
Location Toronto, OntarioFULL_TIME
Consultant Kiren Sangha
Date posted September 5, 20192019-09-16 2019-11-04 financial-services Toronto Ontario CA CAD 75000 85000 85000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robert-walters.ca https://www.robert-walters.ca/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Our client, a global independent asset management firm with over C$100 billion in AUM is seeking a Compliance Manager to join their Toronto office. This is an ideal role for a compliance professional who is well versed with Canadian and foreign equity, fixed income, asset allocation and non-traditional investment solutions.
Reporting to the Manager of Compliance, the successful candidate will be tasked with monitoring portofolio compliance, and supporting the compliance department to ensure that daily operations run smoothly. The officer will communicate with portflio managers and clients on an ad hoc basis, assist with client/ service providor compliance reporting and actively participate in implementing effective compliance functions and integrate new accounts into the portfolio compliance monitoring system.
Candidates who demonstrate the qualities below will be considered:
- minimum 5 years experience is investment compliance or the securities field
- university degree in finance or a related discipline (candidates with a professional designation or higher education are prefferred)
- familiarity with SS&C, Fidessa Sentinel, Bloomberg or realted platforms
- strong written and oral communication skills
- exceptional microsoft office skills; particularly Excel
Particular attention will be given to candidates who have a french language proficiency and posses strong interpersonal skills. If interested, please apply online or contact Kiren at firstname.lastname@example.org.