Real Estate Partner
Salary CAD200,000 - CAD500,000 per year
Location Toronto, OntarioFULL_TIME
Consultant Brady Jones
Date posted July 2, 20192019-07-02 2019-08-31 legal Toronto Ontario 145 King Street West, Toronto, Ontario CA M5H1J8 CAD 200000 500000 500000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robert-walters.ca https://www.robert-walters.ca/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Our client, a global full-service law firm, currently has an opportunity for a Real Estate Partner to join its growing team in their Toronto office. The Real Estate Partner will have 7+ years’ experience working in a real estate group at a reputable Canadian law firm. The Real Estate Partner will have the ability to be the lead counsel on a wide variety of commercial real estate focused transactions. If you are excited to work with, and have the support of, a sophisticated international law firm, this could be the right role for you. The Real Estate Partner must be self-motivated, have a strong sense of personal accountability, attention to detail and excellent communication skills.
- Member of good standing with the Law Society of Upper Canada or provincial bar;
- 7+ years’ experience at a reputable Canadian law firm with a focus on a variety of commercial real estate transactions and financings;
- Experience with all aspects relating to commercial real estate transactions – including acquisitions, dispositions, development, leasing and secured financings;
- Proficient with Teranet/Teraview software and all aspects of the due diligence required for closing commercial real estate transactions;
- Experience in advising on the real estate aspects of private M&A transactions;
- Ability to liaise with clients and build and/or maintain your own client base is considered a valuable attribute;
- Detail oriented and well organized;
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment; and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential, as are strong interpersonal skills.